I Still Believe

46% Rotten Tomatometer Score46%
  • I Still Believe's palpable good intentions are offset by its predictable handling of a fact-based story that ends up preaching to the choir.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    KJ Apa and Britt Robertson make a sparkling couple in the faith-based, real-life love story.
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    "I Still Believe" wants us to believe in the power of love and other cosmic forces. But it requires a big leap of faith from viewers to fill in the blanks.
    Mark JenkinsWashington Post
    A sort of "Me, God and the Dying Girl," the movie is well-made (if slow) and features an attractive cast and a lot of amiable (if bland) religious pop-rock.
    Barry HertzGlobe and Mail
    Close your eyes and pray, and it'll soon be over.
    Carlos AguilarTheWrap
    The Erwin brothers are simply better filmmakers who package the same tropes in more polished vessels that mostly resemble mainstream offerings.
    Kimber MyersLos Angeles Times
    Those looking for inspiration will find it without looking too hard, but those who don't attend church regularly will be as bored as they would be by a sermon.
    Asher LubertoThe Playlist
    Despite the attractiveness of Apa and Robertson, and their committed performances, they are too often reduced to dialogue preachy enough to be spoofed by Ned Flanders.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Wade MajorFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I am surprised by how good I think it is... It finds a new way into the genre that I think is more mainstream than what people are expecting.
    Diana SaengerReviewExpress.com
    A wonderful true story of love and Faith with a great cast
    Matt BrunsonFilm Frenzy
    A true story that's crafted as a compilation of well-worn cinematic clichés and melodramatic beats, but it's offered in a slick manner that never interferes with what's being presented.