I Used to be Funny

We already knew Rachel Sennott excelled at comedy. This performance showed she also excels at drama.
    It was interesting but I gave up watching after about 25 minutes because of the teenage girl's father character. The way he was written and acted- no one can be that annoying in real life! So it was unrealistic that the main character (the stand-up comic) would agree to work for him and his family.
    this movie is not a comedy… it’s a distressing melo drama that’s confusing with all the flashbacks every minute
    It's a movie about trauma, grief, and depression. It has a comedic undertone given the main character is a comedian. It drags a bit in the last 20 minutes but I would say it's worth watching.
    Acting was horrible; times lines were tried to be suspenseful, but greatly missed the mark… The only reason this movie got decent reviews was because of The audiences Sorrow for the main character… Don’t waste your time
    There is traces of a good movie here, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. There are some themes that are tackled with an appropriate level of poignancy, but the comedy itself really dillutes the whole film as it makes the overall tone so jarring and awkward. It doesn't know whether it wants to be a Phoebe Bridgers needle-drop sadgirl piece that explores PTSD trauma or an Apatow produced comedy.
    Rotten tomatoes like most of these social media sites is wasting their time trying to be something they're not! The cast is good but the story is a mess!
    A deep story that works on many levels, with strong performances all around. Told in flashback style, a really tricky choice that isn't without bumps but overall works. There's a lot of raw feelings and a plot that is relevant to many.
    I loved this movie for its thoughtfulness and honesty and cleverness. Everyone should see it!
    This movie is incredible. I cannot wait to watch it again!