Imaginary

I couldn't see anything during the low-light parts of the movie so I turned it off after 20 minutes
    This might not be the bone-chilling horror some critics are slamming it for, but it delivers a campy, creature-feature charm that scratches a specific itch. Here's the thing: if you go in expecting a modern "Annabelle" or M3GAN," you'll likely be disappointed. But if you approach it with the mindset of a 90s Goosebumps episode aimed at a slightly older audience, then "Imaginary" becomes a surprisingly fun ride. The plot is familiar: a young girl befriends a creepy-cute stuffed bear named Chauncey, and things take a turn for the weird. The scares are more jump scares and spooky atmosphere than genuine dread. But there's a certain enjoyment in the cheese factor, a wink-wink nudge-nudge to classic horror tropes. Here's the comparison to Goosebumps: "Imaginary" has that same blend of childish scares and genuine creepiness. It won't terrify you, but it might make you look twice at your own childhood toys. And isn't that part of the fun?
    Enjoyed it. Not super scary but definitely family friendly. My teens enjoyed it.
    There are plenty of movies featuring a family moving into a large home, being affected by a paranormal occurrence. A child is usually the affected party, followed by an introduction to a psychiatrist, psychic or knowledgeable 3rd party who quickly explains what ghost or demon is the culprit. We then have parents who slowly learn the threat is real, toss in some plot armor and end with the entity supposedly being extinguished and the house being destroyed. Other similar movies: Sinister, Poltergeist, Annabelle, Boogeyman etc.. At the end of the day, you have another generic movie with a paranormal threat that's usually some ancient evil, awakened to terrorize a small suburban family.
    The movie was OK. I liked the plot twist and some of the classic practical effects. Some of the acting was not so good too really bad! Not something I would watch again.
    The pace was perfect and the anticipatory story kept you guessing.
    Honestly, i dont get why everyone is hating?? people who are hating must like the typical movie where they trip on air and end up dying. this movie was unpredictable and infact did NOT still from the movie m3gan. the plot was entirely different from m3gan and had huge orginality. Although the movie wasnt as scary as chucky or m3gan it definitely was the type of movie that u cant look at since ur afraid. and notice how the people who are hating literaly have the most trashiest reasons to not like the movie. everyone is focusing on a specific scene that had a flaw in it and decided to hate the entire movie because of it? i also hate they compare m3gan to imaginary. they are NOT in common. the plots are entirely different. although i think this movie could've had more money and effort added towards it, haters need to hop off this movie cause You all have trashy reasons to hate it i saw a comment that said "imagine something better" go imagine ur dad....anyways i rate this movie a 9/10.
    Family friendly horror movie with gooey soft ending. No real sense of danger or evil lurking. Only plus good to see Betty Buckley. She awesome in as gym coach in Carrie.
    This is the worst movie of the year for me. The script was horrible and the acting was just as bad, if not worse. I can't imagine how anyone could read this script and think to green light it. Definitely ruined my Friday night.
    I mean I didn't hate it but considering the fact that it was made by the some director that made the five nights at Freddy's movie I was excited to see I did feel like it was just a little too predictable the acting was pretty good though and I did like the premise of the story I don't know if this was an original idea and it just wasn't executed that well or if this is from a novel and it wasn't executed that well just don't overhype yourself up going into this movie like I did