In My Room

81% Fresh Tomatometer Score81%
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Rob ThomasCapital Times (Madison, WI)
    Low gives a powerful performance that often requires him to be silent for long stretches, just reacting to the world around him.
    Steve EricksonGay City News
    ...this film's strength lies in its combination of slipperiness and allegorical riches. The freedom it finds in the apocalypse extends to the spectator.
    Simon AbramsRogerEbert.com
    One of the main pleasures of watching In My Room comes from feeling your way around, enjoying the ambient sound design, and making your own thematic connections.
    Jeannette CatsoulisNew York Times
    "In My Room" is a movie about emptiness, yet it clamors with ideas.
    Mike D'AngeloAV Club
    [T]his droll yet poignant amalgam of the fantastic and the mundane ultimately suggests that while people can dramatically alter their behavior in response to extreme circumstances, on some fundamental level they don't really change.
    Arlin GoldenFilm Inquiry
    In My Room is a slow burn for sure, but its commitment to character development over exposition makes it worthwhile.
    Chris SalceFilm Threat
    Do all the surprises work? No. But most do and that works.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Noah GittellWashington City Paper
    Neither of the characters are well defined enough to be fully invested in their romance, and so many of the questions you want the film to consider-like, why were these two people left behind-go unasked.
    Nick PinkertonReverse Shot
    Drum-tight and wonderfully well thought through.
    Joey MagidsonAwardsCircuit.com
    Essentially a two hander, "In My Room" lives and dies on the acting by Hans Löw and Elena Radonicich.