In The Earth

It starts off strong with a promising premise. But it's like the writers forgot about the last 1/3 of the story. It's truly awful and a waste of time. Too bad. Making a movie during the pandemic would have been a great addition to the genre. Hard pass!
    It is amazing what a non-movie you can make with a bunch of strobe lights, some cheap sound equipment, a heaping helping of pretty cool but meaningless trippy effects, a well-nigh unfollowable story of hallucination, paranoia, and madness, and a pace that makes it seem twice as long as it is. I read the Wikipedia page to get the plot, which made little sense while watching, and after reading it, it at least made more sense, but still still it's muddled, slow, and just plain bad. Too many ideas and no connection to any of them.
    Although the premise involving an underground fungus is intriguing enough, together with some great acting and memorable (body-horror) scenes that keep you on your toes, the film suffers somewhat from slow progress and a frustratingly lack of satisfying answers and lore.
    What an intense movie. I had no idea what to expect in this but I got a lot in this. I liked the mysterious ness of this movie. Unfortunately this movie doesn't have all the answers and if you take it at face value you'll think it's a virus movie. But if you dig deep like I did you can see theirs a bigger entity like a mythical monster. Unfortunately for most viewers of this film they won't see that. Yes the main villain aka the dude in the forest is pretty bad and yes his wife that's also a scientist is pretty bad. Why I like this movie so much is because of the possibilities of what could happen. For example who were the people that took the main character duos shoes and stuff? This movie could've been cooler if it explored more. Hopefully a sequel is made but if not I can also imagine what happens in the woods. This is an imaginative film that you have to make a story of your own. I know many people don't like that but you just gotta if you want to enjoy this.
    What an intense movie. I had no idea what to expect in this but I got a lot in this. I liked the mysterious ness of this movie. Unfortunately this movie doesn’t have all the answers and if you take it at face value you’ll think it’s a virus movie. But if you dig deep like I did you can see theirs a bigger entity like a mythical monster. Unfortunately for most viewers of this film they won’t see that. Yes the main villain aka the dude in the forest is pretty bad and yes his wife that’s also a scientist is pretty bad. Why I like this movie so much is because of the possibilities of what could happen. For example who were the people that took the main character duos shoes and stuff? This movie could’ve been cooler if it explored more. Hopefully a sequel is made but if not I can also imagine what happens in the woods. This is an imaginative film that you have to make a story of your own. I know many people don’t like that but you just gotta if you want to enjoy this.
    Gave up half way, boring, senseless and pointless 4-ppl tale in the forest.
    This movie is a must to see if you are tripping on mushrooms and have no brain cells left. Otherwise it's probably the dumbest movie on the lines of "An Evening with Beverly Luff Lynn" Don't waste your time or money.
    Absolutely not recommended for anyone with photosensitive epilepsy. I'm rarely a fan of 'trippy' visuals in movies but they are used to great effect in this film. Combined with the music, I found they generated a surprising degree of awe and wonder interspersed within the tension and horror. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The dual motifs of isolation and powerlessness would resonate with me at the best of times, and they feel especially poignant given the current state of the world. The characters are refreshingly unique despite fitting within the genre's tropes, and the narrative deftly navigates the realms of terror and insanity while still allowing their actions and decisions to remain believable. I especially enjoyed Ellora Torchia's performance, and the entire cast did an admirable job. Aside from the psychedelic overtones, which were well done if perhaps a bit excessive, I found the tone of the film to be oddly reminiscent of "The Descent," which is high praise in my books.
    It's Ben Wheatley, what'd you expect, something mainstream?! 7.5/10
    I mean, if you love Kill List and A Field in England, you'll probably like this too. We love Ben Wheatley and Amy Jump in this household.