Inheritance

28% Rotten Tomatometer Score28%
  • A would-be thriller that waits far too long to embrace the daffy potential of its bizarre premise, this Inheritance should be steadfastly refused.
    Nell MinowRogerEbert.com
    A script that didn't think past the trailer.
    Peter TraversRolling Stone
    A blithering botch job of a thriller that begs the question: "Come on, are you effing kidding me?" If this is an inheritance, leave us out of the will, please.
    Katie WalshLos Angeles Times
    "Succession" ("Parasite" x "I Know What You Did Last Summer"/"Shallow Grave") = "Inheritance."
    James BerardinelliReelViews
    Roughly 20 minutes into Inheritance, I was hooked... Alas, Inheritance isn't 20 minutes long.
    Glenn KennyNew York Times
    This movie aspires to generate the kind of rich-people-you-love-to-hate juice of cable TV series such as "Billions" and "Succession." Ultimately, "Inheritance" doesn't even get to the level of "Dynasty."
    Dennis HarveyVariety
    This overlong tale spends most of its nearly two hours as a somewhat draggy, talky mystery before finally deciding to be a thriller, with credibility lacking throughout.
    Anne BrodieWhat She Said
    As outrageous as it sounds, and the fact she wears stilettos to trek to the fort in the woods at night, and occasional clunkery, it's fun!
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Pamela PowellDaily Journal (Kankakee, IL)
    Pegg's performance elevates the film as he creates a character with whom we vacillate, eliciting a myriad of emotions for this character.
    Daniel M. KimmelNorth Shore Movies
    Inheritance is the cinematic equivalent of the paperback you leave at the beach or airport after you finished it, diverting but forgettable. Sometimes that's enough.
    MaryAnn JohansonFlick Filosopher
    Nothing works in this ludicrous thriller, which fails to compel us with its roster of monstrous characters. Lily Collins is woefully miscast; Patrick Warburton and Simon Pegg are criminally wasted.