Inside Out 2

, 91% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Spicing things up with the wrinkle of teenage angst, Inside Out 2 clears the head and warms the heart by living up to its predecessor's emotional intelligence.
    Donald ClarkeIrish Times
    After a period of some ups and more downs, Pixar can at least boast of following up one of their later classics respectfully. Deserves the healthy audiences it will surely stir up.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Claudia PuigFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I found it a worthy sequel. Just about as clever, moving, and enjoyable as the original film.
    Philip De SemlyenTime Out
    Sparky, kaleidoscopic and boldly honest about the tougher side of growing up, Inside Out 2 is Pixar’s most profound and moving movie since, well, Inside Out.
    A.A. DowdThe Ringer
    Inside Out 2 expands the worlds of its characters to capture how our worlds get bigger with age. That, ideally, is what sequels can be for Pixar: a way to help guide young audiences through the turbulence of growing up.
    Stephen RomeiThe Australian
    The animated comedy-drama Inside Out 2 is proof that it’s possible to do something right twice.
    Sergio Burstein Los Angeles Times
    A decidedly charming tale that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike and will no doubt spark interesting conversations among viewers who have been through similar situations. [Full review in Spanish]
    Kyle LoganAllergic to the 21st Century
    Inside Out 2 is an enjoyable, funny, and sometimes emotionally impactful film. But it fails to stand among Pixar’s best films because it’s too derivative of those films&#59; and many others.
    Ayelet DekelMidnight East
    I’ve seen Inside Out 2 twice now, and although it didn’t sweep me off my feet the way that Inside Out did, it didn’t let me go.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Wade MajorFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I wanted to laugh more, feel more... It only got about 30 or 40 percent there.
    George M. ThomasAkron Beacon Journal
    The story is unexpectedly compelling and points to the progress being made in society in showing the diverse interests and emotions of individuals.