Jack (1996)

Jack is a boy who is growing normally, but at four times the normal rate. Kept out of school for years, we catch up to him as he enters the fourth grade for the first time, a 10-year-old boy who appears to be a fully grown man in his 40s.

Rated: PG-13
Critic Score
User Score

Critic Score: 17% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews
USA Today

Someone deserves a timeout for letting this mawkish misfire get to the screen.

Michael A. Smith
Nolan's Pop Culture Review

Robin Williams is a big kid. Wow, what a stretch.

Judith Egerton
Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY)

It seems unlikely that a Francis Ford Coppola movie starring the outrageous, hyperkinetic Robin Williams could be bland, but Jack is.

Full review…
Cole Smithey

James Sanford
Kalamazoo Gazette

High ickiness quotient in this weird dramedy

Ken Hanke
Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)

Beyond underwhelming.

Clint Morris

Williams at his versatile best

Martin Scribbs
Low IQ Canadian

Coppola, of course, was abducted by aliens and replaced with a pod person in the middle of filming Godfather III.

Fred Topel

Terrible comedy. Depressing (he's basically going to die by 20) and the jokes are obvious. Williams is great and understated, but wasted in this script.