John Wick: Chapter 3 -- Parabellum

Such an exhilarating action film with little dialogue which adds to mysterious feel of these films and suits the "John Wick" character. No puns were intended.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Just another action film.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I liked the choreography made by Keanu Reeves
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Definitely entertaining, Chapter 3 seems to dive into continuously more outrageous narrative twists in order to justify its action. But seeing it on the big screen, you probably won't care.
    Ação do começo ao fim com um gancho excelente para a continualção!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    mejor que la 1 y la 2 . 7/10
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A solid redemption from the second film. I'll do my best to review without spoilers. John Wick introduced us into the shadowy fictional underground of assassins and mobsters. John Wick 2 bored us with cheesy dialogue and repetitive gun-play. John Wick 3 redeems itself both in scale and variety. Let's start with the set pieces. John Wick 1 & 2 were heavy in the dark, neon-lit places of the underworld. Parabellum expands on this world and brings him out into the light. Loved the creative direction they went with this film. Right from the beginning, we're introduced into some unorthodox action. Yet, not all is action and rough one-liners. Some humor is added into this film, breaking up the monotony. And those fighting styles! Before watching this, I thought I was going to be bored with an hour and a half of pure gun-play. Parabellum impresses us with a variety of different fighting styles and weapons. From the use of hand-to-hand, belts, horses, books, and even dogs in combat, Parabellum stands out. Pretty much all the fighting sequences is over-the-top and impressive. There is something new around every corner of this movie. Add in the fact that Keanu Reeves is doing all his own stunts solidifies his status as an action hero staple. But not all is well. There are a few points that ruined my suspension of belief. For starters, civilians don't seem to react to anything going around them. People are killed left and right and even in some of the most public places in the world. Gun shots ring throughout the city, yet no one calls a single police officer. Crazy over-the-top gun fighting and car chases are occurring on the streets and no one seems to notice. Not like NYC is a major city or anything (/sarcasm). Then there are the characters. We see some impressive new characters but they disappear as fast as they are introduced. There was some room for character development that was skipped for sake of the action and time. Such a shame and I hope that the next installment resolves some of this. There are also some improbable and lucky spots that allows John to survive. I get it that he's a master assassin, but he's not a superman invincible to the same laws of physics that bind us all. Oh well, I hope JW4 continues the upward trajectory of the series. 3.5/5. A better improvement over the 2nd installment, but not as good as the original.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Yawn fest of repetitive knife fights and nonsense. Best actors are the canines. Strictly for the bedroom fantasy game players. "Tea's ready downstairs Timmy". "Coming mum". And John Wick also runs like my mum.
    One of the best action movies I have ever seen, certainly in recent years. Non stop action, great stunt work and some of the best fight choreography I have ever seen in a modern day movie. Old school in a great way, brutal and realistic.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    2 hours of elaborate fight scenes. But 30-40 minutes was simply repeating the same attack multiple times, like smashing John into glass display cases or a dog attacking someone's groin. It's not entertaining after the first or second time.