Jojo Rabbit

One of the best movies I've seen in years
    As a lifelong WW2 history buff and a strong believer in "Never Again", I did not feel offended in the least by JoJo's imaginary friend, Hitler. This movie did a fantastic job of showing the levels the Nazi party went to in order to steal the hearts and minds of German youth. Kudos to Takika for bringing this to the big screen. The oscar buzz surrounding Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of Rosie is extremely justified. This is her strongest performance to date, and I want to see her in more of these roles. Rosie is the bright shining star of this movie. Her attempts to keep JoJo from going too far are admirable. My heart broke thinking of all the mothers and fathers who could only watch silently as their children were being brainwashed and robbed of their morality, compassion, and even their childhood. As a homeschool mom, I designed an entire history unit around this movie. When my children walked into the theater, they were fully prepared to see the horrors of war propaganda and hatred displayed on screen. They needed to see it. All older children and teens need to understand the dangers of blindly following angry crowds with pitchforks, adults, too, for that matter. Take your kids. Watch it together. Talk about it afterwards. Do what you can to see that this never happens again.
    critics missed it hard on this one. it should have aggregated in the 90-95% range. 96% audience rating says it all. a beautiful, important film! don't miss it
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    So ridiculously bad I walked out after fifteen minutes!
    I cried a lot, Great film. I will see again.
    I expected to see a heavy handed sarcastic comedy. Instead, beneath the hilarious mocking of Nazi evil pretentiousness, there is a sweet, profound and deeply human story. Presented with amazing acting and directing. Brilliant!
    Omg finally a movie with a great story and it’s so funny. This is a movie you have to see and I can’t wait till is comes out on dvd in January 2020
    Never a dull moment.
    what a fantastic movie. Amazing family dynamics and good, wholesome character arcs.
    amazing! taika is quickly becoming my favorite director.