Jojo Rabbit

Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not very good and got worse over time. Not very well written. Some parts of the plot were left hanging--like FBI agent Millie Morris' partner and his family being tortured and then much later a very quick mention of their disappearing. Ridiculous denouement--Meyer is not really Meyer, why did he live this lie for so many years? Joe after having been struck by a car showing up alive and uninjured at the Little Nazi Indoctrination camp? It was a mess!
    So amazing but the butterfly scene made me cry
    This was about some really heavy stuff, but they sprinkled in humor perfectly and made for a fantastic movie.
    funny, emotional... it had everything that a movie should be. recommend
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The movie is original and not trying to be a typical Nazi Germany movie, it provokes the mind in ways that this era espects. However it is not very strong or emmotionaly driven movie, it throws in cheap innocent humor and maybe once I grinned but would have prefered to have spent my time watching a more complete and polished film.
    Easily one of the best movies I have seen this year. Shows what life in late Nazi Germany was likely like with both humor and powerful touching moments. Highly recommend
    Wunderbar! A great mix of humor and drama. Satire at its finest.
    While some of it was disturbing and dark, and some of it laugh out loud funny, it was an accurate portrayal of a sensitive young boy in Nazi Germany, over a 6-month period. As the child of a Holocaust survivor, I was apprehensive about seeing it, but I'm glad I did. I don't know how many Jews actually got away with hiding, but I'm glad Elsa did!
    Fantastic on so many levels. Must-see.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon