Joker

Amazing movie and amazing performance by Joaquin Phoenix. He and Todd Phillips absolutely knocked this one out of the park! This movie made me feel so many different things: discomfort, empathy, shock, sadness, laughter and I couldn't stop thinking about this movie after I watched it and had to give it another go just to look at it with a different perspective. This movie made me feel like we need to be more empathetic to others in our society. Fantastic score and cinematography as well, but the true stand-out is Phoenix's performance, one that may even top Ledger's!
    Amazing job by Joaquin Phoenix! Had me mesmerized! Had to watch it twice!
    2 days after sawing Joker i was still out of my mind from what i saw. This movie is something special for me and definitely for many other people too. There is everything great from soundtrack to absolutely perfect story and even hundred times better than that Joaquin Pheonix in leading role. Performance is amazing and I'm really looking forward to the Oscars.
    Dark. Clever. Realistic. Brutal. Director Todd Phillips knocks it out of the park with a grand slam! Joaquin Phoenix gives a mesmerizing, masterful, wiry raw performance. This Joker has been redefined into a category all it's own. As with Heath Ledger's award winning interpretation of the character in a super-hero type vehicle, this film is none of that by the way, Phoenix deserves several viewings to discover all the intricate nuances of his character. Re-viewing of Taxi Driver and especially The King of Comedy is highly recommended before seeing this movie as Martin Scorsese's references are all over this film. Again, this IS NOT a super hero spectacular, but a study in human frailty. 10/10.
    Amazing if you pay attention close enough then you find out how batman was created loved it
    Joaquin Phoenix brings an immense amount of energy, commitment, and power to his portrayal of The Joker, and the film also benefits from its excellent score, and very dark and disturbing tone that fits well with who The Joker is.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It could be good, I don't know...I fell asleep halfway through it.
    Literally the best movie I've ever seen.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A gritty and surprisingly well-acted hommage to the films of Scorsese & Co. which would have worked better not invoking a (at best tenuous) link to the "Batman"-universe.
    An absolute masterpiece