Jurassic Park

The star of Jurassic Park was not the dinosaurs so much as it was that "Life will find a way". In that sense the terror of the dinosaurs, and the awe, is a stand-in for the sheer power of life itself to find a way to survive and thrive under difficult situations. A monster movie works best when the monsters, in this case humanities re-invented dinosaurs, represent something more powerful than that which we can control. Often times it is the power of nature and/or humanities' efforts that create an unbalancing of nature that the monster represents. The chaos mathematician, despite his eccentricity, is our best direct voice of wisdom and understanding of the real magic and his words point to the real star of this film. Complex, adaptive systems is a real science that expands well-beyond the realm of chaos theory but can be seen to work in the same space. Systems are orderly but also are stable in response to disturbance. Life has developed over millions of years and has shown in ways deeper than we fully appreciate how as an intertwined set of complex, adaptive systems, it has survived and flourished in so many places and in spite of so many threats of mass extinction. The second and third film try out their own higher minded principles but these principles are merely derivative and not as well executed. The next two sequels are held together only by their action sequences and the desire to try to escape immediate danger. As such they are, at best, merely coda's to this first movie. It is the temptation to feel like one can be in control of these forces in some final way that is the crucial element, the villain so to speak, that puts the viewer into the fullest appreciation of the power that is life itself. This element is present in the first movie , the second movie approaches it but not in any new way, and the last movie is even more derivative on that note. In the first movie, each character's arc reflects on this theme of rational control vs creative freedom to escape control.
    "Jurassic Park" is clearly one of the best examples of a film being ahead of its time! I mean, just look at the special effects of the dinosaurs themselves! They are so well done! Anyway, another aspect of the film that I really loved was how it approached the theme of messing with forces that you don't understand and how those forces can quickly turn against you (in this case, the scientists trying to control the dinosaurs, despite the fact that the dinosaurs were created with "survival of the fittest" mentality). The only issue I had with this film was that the pacing was a bit slow at places. Overall, "Jurassic Park" is definitely worth the watch if you are a huge fan of Steven Spielberg's films and dinosaurs!
    Groundbreaking for its special effects and definining use of Animatronics, Jurassic Park is both beautiful, well paced and strongly acted with all the directing flairs that one expects from Steven Spielberg.
    Wonderful movie that stands the test of time.
    This movie is such a classic!! The music is just as intriguing as the scenes!! After watching it on the big screen again, I learned things about the movie that I didnt know before which made the experience even more great!
    A great dinosaur movie
    es la mejor pelicula de la historia de la Ciencia Ficcion y me gusto la mezcla de terror aventura y ciencia. Steven Spielberg es un gran Director de cine sabe como hacer grandes Exitos y por Eso es el 1º de mis mejores Pelicula.
    dis is da best jurasic pork movie
    I liked that the theatre was very clean and the social distancing was being respected. The movie itself was also rewarding to be able to get out of the house.
    one of the films that most impressed me in my whole life, made me like science and a lot of things like that, it's just a masterpiece, the whole direction of Steven Spielberg together with the wonderful soundtrack by john williams, make this film a beautiful work of art!