Late Night

, 80% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Smart, timely, and brought to life by a terrific cast, Late Night is a workplace comedy with a lot of heart -- and just as many laughs.
    Angie HanMashable
    Like the romcoms it's modeled after, Late Night offers an escape into a world with softer edges, brighter colors, and simpler solutions
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Christy LemireFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I liked it, but I wanted to love it... It's almost like it pulls its punches here and there -- I wanted more bite from it.
    Wenlei MaNews.com.au
    Mindy Kaling wrote the screenplay with Emma Thompson in mind and you can see the character was crafted for exactly her talents.
    Stephen RomeiThe Australian
    Kaling and Thompson are going after something different, and while it's acerbically funny at times it also feels quite real and of the moment.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Jake WilsonThe Age (Australia)
    I'm willing to accept this as an accurate picture of how comedians can be -- which is not to say that the accuracy makes Late Night any funnier.
    Jonathan RomneyFilm Comment Magazine
    Late Night is very aware of needing to earn the privilege of our time, but it doesn't quite earn the privilege of our laughter.
    Alex BentleyCultureMap
    Late Night had the potential to break out with some pointed commentary about how women are treated in the entertainment industry, but it falls short at almost every turn.
    Richard CrouseRichard Crouse
    A showcase for Thompson's ability to elevate any movie she appears in.
    Charles KoplinskiReel Talk with Chuck and Pam
    Not shying away from stereotypes and calling others out for following the status quo, it's a film that is hilarious from start to finish, allowing not only Kaling to shine, but Thompson as well.
    Matthew St. ClairCinema Sentries
    As great as Kaling is... it's still Emma Thompson who still owns the show.