Longlegs

, 86% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Saturated in disquieting mood while leveraging a nightmarishly gonzo performance by Nicolas Cage, Longlegs is a satanic horror that effectively instills panic.
    Justin ChangNPR
    Part of what makes the film so effective is that it doesn’t really depend on secrets or surprises. The writer and director Osgood Perkins summons an atmosphere of dread so intense, it’s practically spoiler-proof.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jake WilsonThe Age (Australia)
    Does Longlegs expand our understanding of what a horror film can be? No. Was I scared? Not overpoweringly, though I did shift in my seat a couple of times. Is it creepy? Absolutely.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Joey ShapiroChicago Reader
    It’s stunning how quickly it unravels into mediocrity after that interaction, how frantically it tries to scrub away any trace of mystery with flashbacks and voiceovers...
    Tom ShoneTimes (UK)
    From the outside, Oz Perkins’s Longlegs looks like just another serial killer flick, but it’s that rarity: a horror film that gives you a bona fide case of the heeby-jeebies.
    Wendy IdeObserver (UK)
    Among other things, the writing -- specifically a crude chunk of third-act exposition -- lets it down. But still, there is plenty to admire in this oppressively brooding and superbly acted chiller.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Rex ReedObserver
    The worst thing is Nicolas Cage in his most hysterical, unhinged, over-the-top performance since he played Dracula like a vaudeville act.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Linda CookOurQuadCities / WHBF-TV (Illinois)
    'Longlegs' is a short ride to terror.
    Carla RenataThe Curvy Film Critic
    I jumped, gasped, laughed and was mostly intrigued. Even though it reaches back to a story that feels familiar yet different, this flick had me with one eye open and the lights on for a few days
    Anthony MorrisIt's Better in the Dark
    [Cage] has often left audiences thinking "what the hell am I watching?". This time hell might be the answer as well as the question.
    Mario AlegrePróxima Tanda
    Oz Perkins delivers a disquieting procedural that gets under your skin within seconds of its opening scene. [Full Review in Spanish]