Lorelei

Jena Malone and Pablo Schreiber play some of the most believable characters I've seen in a while. It's a gritty family drama with a strong currently of restoration and rebuilding....but in a way that avoids cheese or schmaltz.
    Exceptionally strong performances from Pablo Schreiber and Jena Malone highlight this family drama that treads over familiar and at times predictable territory. Despite these flaws it manages to offer enough warmth and poignant moments to lift it's set up. Schreiber plays a man who emerges from prison after 15 years. He settles back in with his former girlfriend, Lola (Jena Malone) who now has three children. His attempts to adjust into a Dad-like role leads him to withdraw. But when Lola herself takes off he is forced to make that giant step without even knowing how. Worth watching for it's incredible real acting alone.
    Thanks to five great performances Lorelei connected. Pablo Schreiber plays a recently released convict who reconnects with his High School sweetheart, played by Jena Malone. While the slow burn family melodrama isn't for everyone, it's so rare we have three kids that can act and have this much depth. Amelia Borgerding, Parker Pascoe-Sheppard, and Chancellor Perry each are important to the film. It's wonderfully shot by writer and director Sabrina Doyle who gets blue collar life. Schreiber and Malone are must watch characters. If you like movies it's hard not to enjoy the lived in feeling of this picture. When the focus is on the family, 'Lorelei' thrives. It's not perfect, but it brought tears and joy and that's pretty great! Final Score: 7.2/10
    I think "Lorelei" shared a fresh perspective on how you can always get a second chance at life no matter what. Very hopeful story.
    This movie proves that you don't need a big budget to make a good movie if you have a good screenplay and good actors. This film gives you lots to think about in terms of the themes of family, second chances and redemption. Definitely not a formulaic story, plus the three kids are all amazing.
    Nu are nimic super dar Pablo si Jena is bine
    The scenes involving the kids are incredible. All other scenes are mediocre at best. A ton of potential, sadly unrealized.
    The acting was superb making the characters believable. The pacing - a little slow, but held my interest until the last third of the film. The ending seemed quick and contrived. I understood the choices but again, seemed as a quick wrap up. I didn't like the way they came about. Overall - nice to watch a real film again.
    Realistic — so true for many people in our rural communities