Ma

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This was pretty good. Surprisingly so.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TOWARDS THE ENDING!!!!!
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Cringeworthy, terrible acting from everyone, cliched and predictable plot. If you genuinely enjoyed this shitshow, your IQ is classified <60
    Why did these dumb kids just trust this grown woman
    Creepy, violent, cruel, and ultimately pathological. I loved it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Gotta love Ma! Demented, funny, and twisted.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    well acted by the well knowns. just a reminder there's no such thing as free liquor.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not really a good horror movie, but I loved it as a "comedy" movie. I couldn't really tell the genre at points to be honest, it came across as a "so bad it's good" movie. Despite the goofiness, I didn't hate it!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I like Octavia Spencer. She's a great actor, multi-award-winning, and yet she'll say yes to whatever she wants to say yes to, and shows up in things that just seem fun, as opposed to prestigious. She's like Christopher Walken or Samuel L Jackson. And here, she shows up in a Blumhouse horror film that she does not need to do, and adds a lot to a project that would otherwise have very little going for it. She plays Sue Ann, a lonely vets assistant who befriends a group of teens because she's able to provide alcohol and a place to party. But then, as Hollywood has taught us for years, lonely people are weird, and weird people are evil. Things go wrong. As mentioned, Octavia Spencer gives it socks, and is always engaging when she's on screen, it's just a shame that the script doesn't support her efforts more. The teen characters have very little to say or do that marks them out as people to care about, which is a shame when they're the main characters. A reveal partway through does make Sue Ann creepier, but isn't really explored and so it seems to be just there to solve some plot problems the writers had in the final 3rd. There's a nice opening, when the creepiness creeps up, but once it goes FUBAR, there's too much weird, convenient backstory that the film tries to shoehorn in. Plus, if you're going to give a character a terrible, bully-induced moment from their childhood, make sure it's really, really bad. Not just bad. Also, Alison Janney is in this film for 4 seconds in a not interesting cameo. Alison Janney! Holy 'I'll ask my mate if she's free that day' Batman!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Perfectly average. I've seen many better films, but I've also seen several worse. It's not bad. It is a strange movie to see with your mother, though!