Ma

It's okay. Good acting, but could've been more dynamic and less lengthy.
    It's like a trip to the doctor's, it will spook you big time when you're sick. Or you need a man...
    I mean, it's not all bad, but it ain't good at all. It's ALMOST mediocre. Octavia Spencer is the only good thing of the movie. The script is predicable and hum, normal, mediocre, and pretty slow. The script wouldn't be that bad, if the movie wasn't so slow. But when the script is predicable, it's so boring to wait what you already know is going to happen making it SOOOO painful to watch. The characters are, of course, DUMB, and that's a big problem. The movie had a good idea, but somehow, it just didn't work.
    The name of this film should be Octavia Spencer. The first hour was so boring that i couldn't even enjoy the last 30 minutes although it was the best part of this film. The teenager characters are boring and stupid. Octavia's character has a backstory which I found pretty fine but it was a bit simple. I still wish that her character were more interesting and believable. This film wasted its talented actress.
    Muy buena película, una historia muy entretenida con un suspenso genial. Me gusto mucho, desde un principio la disfrute y a pesar de su simpleza cumple bastante con lo que ofrece y siento que no merece las tan malas criticas que vi. Las actuaciones están muy bien en general, pero realmente Octavia Spencer es la que la rompe y es la mejor por lejos, haciendo de un personaje manipulador y terrorífico, que genera muchos momentos de suspenso; además, me gusto que se puede ver un poco de lo que le ocurrió en el pasado. Los personajes de los adolescentes están bien, me gusto que no sean odiosos y que empatices con ellos por momentos, queriendo que no les pase nada cuando están en peligro. El soundtrack también esta muy bien, contando con temas muy conocidos en muchos momentos. Una cosa que no me gusto es que creo que alargaron la trama bastante, ya que se podría haber llegado a un clímax mucho mas rápido; además me parece que hay cosas que los adolescentes podrían haber hecho para sacarse a Ma de encima pero que por conveniencia no lo hicieron, y es bastante notorio. En conclusión, una muy buena película, con una idea simple pero que es muy disfrutable en todo momento a pesar de pequeñas cosas que no permiten que sea un film excelente. La recomiendo.
    The plausibility is near zero
    It is a crazy movie and all over the place. It's maybe the most uneven pace I've seen since a long time, things suddenly get very dark/threatening but come back to a simple pace as quickly. It is still very entertaining especially with Olivia who it's definitely game to play this crazy woman. It can be a little hard to follow, the story tries to surprise you with some twist and some weird scenes but doesn't really go all the way with it, so it lets you a little confused with the feeling that you missed a point or a proper explanation. At the end, it's a crazy ride for the viewers and those uncalled shocking moments are part of the fun. Also, the actors playing the teenagers really looks like high-schoolers, which is rare in movie and also contribute to make their dark turn of fate even more efficient (that said they make some very stupid decisions here, and it's hard to not think about how they deserve their fate).
    Unlike Thunder Force, Octavia Spencer was actually trying and giving this screenplay way more that it deserves.
    Doesn't offer too much more compared to anything else that's already occurred in the genre. Although I'll say one thing, Ma in road rage mode pretty much makes up for the other weird bullshit we get put through in the movie's lead up. Good if you want something fairly straight forward in the horror genre and can't find too much else to watch on Netflix... Or simply love to watch Octavia Spencer act her arse off
    I'm not afraid of zombie movies or panic movies, but I think this movie is too scary. Maybe it's a great movie in that sense.