Ma

Worth it maybe for Octavia's Spencer's performance, but there's just too much here that's ordinary and some bits that just seem like they've been dumped in at the last moment. There's a really nice idea in there, but it's never taken to the extremes that it could and just starts to get silly. Oh - and it totally wastes Alison Janney, which is unforgiveable.
    The two stars are for Octavia Spencer, who demonstrated what an awesome actor looks like. The story itself was meh, and it had me bored. Octavia Spencer was the only entertainment, and the story took a while to get to the point.
    Muito ruim filho. Joinha
    Three dimensional villain with a timely topic. Despite repetitive plot points and some plot pacing it delivers on characterization and ending. Give it a shot and enjoy but don't expect a classic. Definitely worth watching once. Iam glad I did.
    The movie was honestly kind of horrible but definitely enjoyable with friends. Watch out for queer baiting though there's no real lesbians in the movie.
    Very superficial, movie doesn't flesh out adequately all of the characters to warrant the revenge dealt upon them. Even so, Ma's motive was very predictable. As to why Genie was involved is an enigma to me.
    Ma is a type of movie which you can relate and can enjoy. The concept of Ma is not so different, a maladjusted adult tries to live her unfulfilled teenage dreams. After seeing what she does, you may think, "what if this happens with you in real life?". Movie was creepy, just like it's supposed to be. Octavia Spencer as the lead actress played her role perfectly. There's mystery and spookyness in her character which you can feel while watching her. Some people complained that the movie exaggerated many things but I didn't have any problem with it. Being a horror movie, why not exaggerate a few things and have some fun with it? Overall, it is a movie which you can watch and enjoy. Do give it a try and avoid negative reviews because the negativity is mainly due to realism which I think this type of movie didn't need.
    Greatest film of the year. Acting by Octavia Spencer was incomparable. I've never cringed this much in my life. Emotions were evoked that I no longer thought were possible. This movie gave me the strength to nurse my grandfather back to health after recovering from pancreatic cancer. Not a day goes by without my 3 year old asking me to put Ma on. Thank you! 10/5 stars.
    MA WAS SO GOOD!!! I love MA!
    Ma was highly enjoyable, octavia spencer kills it as "Ma"... the way the teenage actors were acting was questionable at times but not too awful that it lowered my overall score by any means.