Ma

Not even Spencer could save the film.
    You know...it was kind of stupid. Really stupid by the end actually, but I can't say I disliked it at all. Sometimes that's what I like about a horror movie though. Octavia Spencer's Ma has just enough motivation that the story isn't completely off the rails, there's enough tension to keep you on the edge in some scenes, and there's some pretty gruesome stuff as well. Is it revolutionary? Hell no. It was pretty fun to watch though.
    I liked the first 45 min then it started slowing to snails pace and I tried to finish it but was about as entertaining as watching paint dry
    Octavia Spencer once again proves she's a true talent with 'Ma'. The suspenseful thriller is truly frightening with Spencer's performance. While other members of the cast may not reach her level, no one hurts the film. There is potential to do more with this story, so it had room to improve which keeps it from being perfect. It is still extremely entertaining and recommended.
    One of, if not the best movie I have ever seen. When I saw Ma on screen I instantly knew it was going to be a banger of a movie. After seeing her in the Spider-Man movie back in 2002 I instantly fell in love with her. SHE IS SO HOT. She has perfect dark skin to match her beautiful brown eyes. She looks like a mini death star and awww I love it!! The acting was amazing and I wish they made a second movie. The way she ran over the lady with no emotion really showed how strong of a woman she is. I mean most women nowadays cant even do the dishes without complaining.
    Predictable but still satisfying. Bullying can have lasting effects, Ma was deranged because of her highschool experience and this was handled quickly, as to fit with genre and time constraints. The apprehension and build-ups to her actions were good (for what it was) I didn't hate it. It's not going to win any thought-provoking awards but it was entertaining enough and left the viewer with the notion not everything is straight forward, there are backstories to protagonists and villains.
    Octavia Spencer gives a creepy and enjoyable performance but other than her, this movie is very bland. Storyline is pretty weak and I kept waiting for something to happen and it doesn't really until the last 15 minutes or so of the film. More of a suspense than horror film.
    It was okay, but one thing that annoys me is illogical stuff with bondage. You know how someone's a hostage with their hands tied in front and gagged? They have free hands but don't remove the gag and scream for help. Same logic as having a leash around your neck with a latch and your hands are free and you leave it on. That's LAZY directing or writing to me. Use your head people.
    Not scary in the slightest but Octavia Spencer was fantastic!
    This was the 10th movie I saw with Octavia in it and so far the only one where her role is particularly prominent, so I was looking forward to seeing it and thought her performance was excellent. Some of the teenagers did a good job too, and the premise was very good. The problem was the very jilted pacing with her whipping out a gun in the first act of the movie and then very little happening until the end. I also had the impression that some of the scenes weren't very well-rehearsed or they used a take in the final cut that wasn't very good, particularly Juliette's scenes (Maggie's mom) as she came off uncomfortable and robotic sometimes despite being a good actress, likely in part due to the director's friendship with the two Oscar-winning actresses as they both did very well and likely had the comfort level necessary to put out good takes quickly, establishing an atmosphere of not doing the amount of prep work that would've allowed the rest of the cast to keep up with them. Still, I didn't agree with other opinions that they mishandled the premise as giving the backstory they did was an effective way to show Ma's origin story as a crazy person. Blumhouse movies are never perfect and rarely great, but I felt this one was very good.