Migration

Gorgeous Animation! Well rounded characters and overall a good movie Illumination outdid theirselves here
    A family of ducks lives on a pond in a New England forest. Unlike most ducks, they are happy and content just living within the confines of their pond. The kids, Dax and Gwen, want to migrate to Jamaica, but their overprotective father (Mack) will not even let them outside the pond. However after a flock of migrating ducks invites them to join them, Mack says no but is finally persuaded by his wife Pam and Uncle and they begin their flight to Jamaica. Well they get lost in a rainstorm and go in the wrong direction and end up in New York City. They meet a pigeon named Chump and she leads them to a her friend, Delroy, a Scarlet Macaw from Jamaica. Delroy has been caged by a ruthless master chef whose specialty is Duck a L orange. They manage to free Delroy, who joins them as their guide. But the evil chief is after them. He wants his precious Macaw back and he wants the duck family for dinner. "He's like a predator, but instead of eating you, he serves you to a bunch of lazier predators" - Chump Migration is a OK film. The story is predictable and plays more like a TV series. It does have a few laughs and Awkwafina is always good. Nothing special, just a mildly entertainingly family film. Cast - Elizabeth Banks, Awkwafina, Kumail Nanjiani, Keegan-Michael Key, Danny DeVito.
    Migration is my New Favorite Movie Since Sing 2016. Dax & Kim are My Favorite Characters!
    This was a really nice movie for my 7 year old brother. Even i liked it. 10/10
    This movie was well made. Could tell they took their time putting it together. The characters were hilarious. The whole story was amazing kept me very engaged and eager to find out what was going to happen next. Papa Mallard was my favorite. He made me laugh. All in all this movie was the best. I would definitely watch it again. ..
    Decent Animated Family Film
    A solidly okay family animated film, with ducks. The plot feels so-so and predictable, but it's also totally inoffensive, and visually beautiful, for what that's worth.
    The movie is simple and heartwarming.
    Good animation. Could have been longer though.
    Migration is what it is: a cute, harmless family adventure with beautiful animation and likeable characters with a heartwarming family dynamic despite their rather undercooked personalities and a rather generic story. I'd probably consider it the third-best animated film of 2023 focusing on feathered friends had I actually seen The Boy and the Heron. Good on this film for being a surprise hit but I think, even by the standards of the notoriously safe Illumination, this film was a bit of a "going-through-the-motions" kind-of thing, though it's handled much less frustrating than Spirit Untamed in that regard. Meh, for what is pretty much a filler project between the animated tentpoles that are The Super Mario Bros. Movie and the still-upcoming-at-the-time-I'm-writing-this Despicable Me 4, it's still a better film than Wish. That film was Disney's big 100th-anniversary celebration and the most hyped-up film in the Animated Canon since Frozen II. Of course that film being a disappointment was going to sting more than a film the director of Ernest and Celestine - which I've never seen but have heard good things about it - described as essentially a family-friendly National Lampoon's Vacation with ducks that probably exists to give the more inexperienced staff something to do while the big boys FINALLY give us an update on Gru, Lucy and the girls after 7 long years.