MLK/FBI

, 99% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • MLK/FBI presents a sobering overview of the American intelligence community's efforts to discredit and destroy a leader of the civil rights movement.
    Anthony LaneNew Yorker
    We are reminded... of an awkward truth-that Hoover's F.B.I. was not some rogue outfit but a core component of the existing social structure, welded firmly to public opinion.
    Tara BradyIrish Times
    There's no quibbling with [King's] charisma or his humanity. Pollard's questioning, vital chronicle is a fitting tribute.
    Richard WhittakerAustin Chronicle
    Pollard reframing the debate. Conservative activists have already used the files to savage King, and progressive writers will have to contend with what the tapes contain eventually, good and ill.
    Trey MangumShadow and Act
    MLK/FBI may just boil down to being an amalgamation of things we've suspected, but it is still a must-watch to be educated on how dangerous the FBI and government can be with surveillance, especially given current events.
    A.O. ScottNew York Times
    "MLK/FBI" is fair to all parties without being neutral or timid.
    Peter RainerChristian Science Monitor
    Seeing it so graphically laid out gives the whole sordid history a cumulative intensity.
    Mark DujsikMark Reviews Movies
    Pollard valiantly tries to cover as many bases as possible.
    Ross AnthonyHollywood Report Card
    This is a valuable look into a powerful moment of painful growth for our nation. And a reminder: though imperfect, we all still have the power to do good in the world.
    Aaron NeuwirthWe Live Entertainment
    Pollard has many ways of providing material to immerse the viewer in the cultural moment and cut the tensions of government intrusion with interviews and archival footage.
    Ray PrideNewcity
    Pollard's infuriating wonderment patchworks a portrait... during the years he was under federal surveillance and harassment by law enforcement. Pollard does more than recreate an era, he creates a world, and it's the one we still live in.