Monstrous

I figured with an 85% audience approval this might be worth checking out. I was f*#king wrong. The 4 or 5 star audience ratings must be from bots; no other explanation. Do not waste ninety minutes of your precious time on this garbage.
    The production is good across the board, good acting and an emotional ending, which saved it and gave it a passing grade, barely, but the temporal remove is not fleshed at all.
    Good mystery with an interesting twist.
    Ricci is a delusional mom fighting to find a new life with her son. A monster from the lake begins to wreck their new life and as Ricci's newfound existence begins to dissolve, the holes in her sanity become apparent.
    Better than expected.
    Movie was well done and keeps you thinking throughout. Christina Ricci was excellent. It's definitely worth the watch and a purchase.
    As I sit here writing these words—much like Christina Ricci sitting in her 1950s Chevrolet, drinking mini bottles of liquor, and thinking of her past, her life, her future, and her child whom she loves very much—I cannot help but think of the parallels of this film to my own life… my life, even, vis-à-vis the very life of this film…! (Disclosure: I'm one of the no-less-than-41 EPs) Dis-closure. Almost sounds like the opposite of "closure", doesn't it? We seek closure, but paradoxically, closure can only come through disclosure. And the disclosure here—the plot twist—makes, indeed, redeems the film. The kid is cute, and Colleen Camp is a hoot!
    One of Ricci's best performances in years!
    Derivative and uninspired… Like a movie we’ve all seen a million times before, but not nearly as good.
    This movie was a yawn for sure! Plot was dull and barely any thrilling factors or anything really watch worthy. Ending was short and to the point even though LOTS of pertinent information was either intentionally or unintentionally left out. nevertheless, this movie could have been better I'm not sure what the writers were thinking when filming. Boo even one star is being generous.