Moonage Daydream

Psychedelic? You must have taken the brown acid. This documentary was simply a "visual bombast" as Hilton Als of The New Yorker describes. I am such a fan, still, and if you are going to see and listen to a song fully played, forget it. Forget going to see this if you aching to see a portrait of his song writing and experiences of life without the deluge of disconnected and unappetizing animated spectacle. Director of clips (editor?) Brett Morgen paints Bowie as an alienated cold performer. Far from it, Bowie elicits a yearning for love and connectedness.
    I always loved Bowie but I didn't realize how truly brilliant he was. I was intrigued by how each of the movie he had a different look. Such a chameleon and such a great artist. I think the film was too long and I thought it was ending about 5 times before it finally did. I thought the director was trying to be as artistic as Bowie!
    A hardcore Bowie fan must see! Not a biopic but a story told by Bowie himself. Brett Morgen deserves an academy award for his brilliant editing and psychedelic film. It was candy for the eyes - mind - story and of course the artistry of Bowies music. Wow!
    Nothing learned. The sound was in-your-face loud and yet hard to hear what was being said at any time. It tried to be something it couldn’t be. There were three times I counted where it should have ended.
    Intellectual visually superb got to know David Bowie and recognize his genius
    An assault on the senses, especially in the cinema setting, however, I left with a feeling of warmth that fans will either recognise or use for inspiration.
    Loved it! Hard to describe. Which is approriate. It's Bowie. More importantly it's a stream of consciousness tribute to him by director Brett Morgan from many video/audio clips I've never seen or heard before and some great bits of interview. Not a conventional documentary. If you're any kind of fan see it, but with good audio!
    This was not a movie. It was not a documentary. It was a nerve-wracking compilation of is performances and snippets from his interviews. Very disappointing. For Bowie super-fans only. Otherwise you will not be entertained. And you will not learn anything. I walked halfway through and had trouble making it that far.
    Waaaay too long. Very self indulgent in the editing. Interesting insight into Bowie's process, but could have been half as long.
    This doc isn't for everybody. Not a typical talking head documentary with people speaking facts. But if you're a fan of Bowie you'll like it. If you're an artist or like art, then you'll like how this shows a creative person finding ways to be creative.