Mouthpiece

I totally respect what director Patricia Rozema is trying to do here in a film she also wrote with the two stars, but it just isn't my cup of tea. Two people playing the same character at the same time just isn't my bag. Never bought it and didn't like it. Final Score: 3.2/10
    This gorgeous and original film takes grief as its main theme, but all the digressions on feminism, dualism and our place in this world, are what makes "Mouthpiece" a very fully experience.
    Emotional, funny, poignant, relevant. Mouthpiece is a file about the truly genuine human experience of losing a parent and grappling with the different sides of your personality to come to terms with who you are when that person is gone. If you are human, see this movie.
    Just saw Mouthpiece at UCLA Royce Hall Rhearsal Room and it is SERIOUSLY The WORST play I have EVER seen...tuneless, charmless, ugly, assaultive, blathering, drivel...absolute horseshit. The poor people sitting through this torture should all be given medals...
    Powerful, poignant, riveting, comedic. So many emotions play out in this film. It speaks to women of all ages - and to men too, judging by the audience response. The soundtrack, almost all composed and performed by Amy Nostbakken, is masterful and moving, such an integral part of the production. This movie just grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let you go. It will stay with you long after the final credits have rolled.