Nope

, 82% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Admirable for its originality and ambition even when its reach exceeds its grasp, Nope adds Spielbergian spectacle to Jordan Peele's growing arsenal.
    Scott TobiasThe Reveal
    Working with the fine cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema, Peele turns the Haywood ranch into a wide-format proscenium of supernatural mayhem.
    Tim RobeyMonocle
    It's extremely sophisticated, this film. And it's very mysterious in its structure.
    Eric FranciscoInverse
    Brimming with tension but laced with gaiety so as to never feel hostile, Nope is an operatic and sweeping thriller that celebrates cinema and simultaneously condemns it as an industry built on obscured violence.
    Ryan GilbeyNew Statesman
    Meanings in Nope spring eternal, and they are surely too numerous to be absorbed in one go. A repeat viewing, then? I wouldn’t say nope.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Mark KermodeObserver (UK)
    A better movie to argue about than to watch.
    Donald ClarkeIrish Times
    [Peele] may never again make a film so elegantly structured as Get Out (who has?), but the ferment of interlocking ideas here is so diverting it hardly matters that the film is more at home to a meander than steady ascent.
    Jaby KoayGET Jaby
    I thought that this was like a well told story, it kept me hooked and engaged all the way to the end.
    Ileana MeléndezFilmme Talk
    I got the same rush/thrill watching NOPE that I did watching "War of the Worlds"... I found NOPE to be pretty chilling.
    Latoya AustinFranglais27 Tales
    Peele’s direction remains thought provoking whilst utilising jump scares, close framing and the audience’s fear of the unknown to amplify that sensation of unease.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jorge Arturo MoraLa Nación (Costa Rica)
    Far from perfect, but with more interesting visuals and themes. [Full review in Spanish]