Old

, 50% Rotten Tomatometer Score
  • Old has no shortage of interesting ideas -- and writer-director M. Night Shyamalan's uneven execution will intrigue or annoy viewers, with little middle ground between.
    Wenlei MaNews.com.au
    The story doesn't always stitch together because the characterisations are fleeting.
    Mark KermodeKermode & Mayo's Film Review
    It is interesting, but definitely walks a tight rope and I imagine some viewers having enough. It would've worked better as a short.
    Ty BurrBoston Globe
    "Old" is a fiendish idea only partially realized.
    Keith Uhlich(All (Parentheses))
    In macro, the film explores pandemic-era anxieties about the corporate entities that hold life-or-death sway over society, but it's on the micro level that I found myself moved.
    Randy MyersSan Jose Mercury News
    At least one snippet of dialogue works: "Are you sure we have time for this?" That would be a hard no considering how many worthwhile horror films are available for streaming.
    Wendy IdeObserver (UK)
    If we can't believe the characters, how are we meant to accept the film's central premise?
    Rohan NaaharHindustan Times
    Nobody can accuse M Night Shyamalan of pulling punches, but what if viewers are the ones being punched?
    D. Patrick RodgersNashville Scene
    It's kind of like a B-minus Twilight Zone premise writ large and outlandish, with a bit of mediocre soft-core body horror mixed in there for good measure.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    John LuiThe Straits Times (Singapore)
    The film tries to pretend that its central gimmick has not been given away by its posters and trailers. It is frustrating to watch characters stumble in the dark for so long.
    Jennifer HeatonAlternative Lens
    Who else would create a character called Mid-Sized Sedan and expect to be taken seriously?