Onward

This is a fresh tomato.
    Absolutely loved this movie! Must watch
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    When approaching a movie set in really unpopular and unused in cinema kind of setting that one really likes (as is here with urban fantasy, at least for me personally) one must be very careful not to base ones judgment of that movie solely on its setting. It is, after all, entirely possible, that this particular movie will use its setting badly or be despicable (no pun intended) in any other way. Fortunately, „Onward" is not despicable (although it sure is short of being great) and it uses its setting with great craftsmanship... for the first half of the movie. In the second one the story becomes much less, well... „urbany" than I prefer for my urban fantasy to be. In addition, it also handles its obligatory " Pixar nirvana moment" with weird lack of subtlety that Pixar is best known for. On the other hand, a dash of Dnd (courtesy of Wizards of The Coast) is a much welcome addition, and overall I consider it a worthy adventure, even if a bit misguided one. As it turns out, beggars cannot be choosers when it comes to urban fantasy in movies.
    The movie was heart warming, relatable, fun, and got 5/5 on the tear meter 😢😢😢😢😢
    Watch the latest movie in HD version - [RAPLESIA21. BLOGSPOT. COM] copy and paste
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I like the original concept put into the film, as Pixar once again proves they don't run on a formula; it is always something new. Not to mention, the main protagonist was hilariously relatable in the beginning. However, it was not the best of the best. When Ian finds out he could revive his father for one day using magic, he accidentally only summons his legs. Despite that this the most anybody had ever gotten to see a loved one who had passed away, the unrealistically took a path that could risk their lives. I find it ironic that they would risk their lives to see their father for only a single day, not to mention he was already kind of there.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Onward was a magical film, onward is the story of two brothers who are on the adventure to see there dad for one more day, the story takes place where magic has basically faded away, so the brothers use magic to try to get their dad back
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Although it is not the strongest Pixar movie in my opinion, Onward does prove that the well-known beloved company can take its audience on a "quest" that it has never been on before. Although the wizardry can get a little cliché at times, the artful spectacle of the world that the characters inhabit proves that storytelling would be nothing without adding some flavor to the treat: the flavor being the visuals.
    No matter what "top critics" say, Onward is a terrific movie that takes the tropes of fantasy and dungeons and dragons to a suburban level. AND TOTALLY NAILS IT IN A FUN, COOL, FAMILY FRIENDLY WAY. Loved it from start to finish. Would definitely watch again. And again.
    Talk about pulling on my heart strings. Funny, sad, heart-warming. Great Movie!!!!!