Out of Darkness

Out of Darkness is certainly an intriguing horror / thriller. I liken it to Predator set in prehistoric times. The bleakness and overall darkness of the film helps stage the escalating tension. Some good action sequences, pretty gruesome scenes and some surprises unfold, making it a worthwhile watch (considering its short run time) if you don't mind the subtitles.
    Looks great on paper, execution was a bit chaotic for me. The cinematography was underwhelming and none of the characters were really likeable or relatable, which makes it harder to be scared for them.
    This would have had a higher rating, had it not been for the survival of yet another unlikable character. I disliked the character of Beyah from the start. And when a character that you dislike ends up being the hero, is hard to appreciate the film. Disappointing
    2022's 'Out of the Darkness' is a dark and harrowing story of survival and fear in a world unrecognisable to us. SYNOPSIS: 'In the Old Stone Age, a disparate gang of early humans band together in search of a new land. But when they suspect a malevolent, mystical being is hunting them down, the clan are forced to confront a danger they never envisioned.: This film feels like it should be part of the 'Predator' universe and is similar in style to 'Prey'. If there is ever to be a Predator film set in this timeline it'll be lucky to get close to the beauty and intensity of this film. 'Out of the Darkness' is a gorgeous looking movie and produced on a shoe string budget. I absolutely applaud the production team for this. This is a survival thriller down to the bare bones. Literally. It's as much about the evil which lives within us as it is the monsters out there in the dark. It's a truly human story of perseverance and a determination to live. It also raises so many questions on how the hell did humans survive in this world to become the beings we are now. There's no way I was surviving this. No way at all. An incredibly chilling journey back in time. 9/10
    This was not what I expected at all. In a good way. I love the details, the languages created, the cultures. If stone age horror can be this good, we need more of it.
    Terrible movie. The ending was so ridiculous and so inconsistent with how prehistoric human tribes would probably interact, it felt like a huge waste of time.
    REALLY DIFFERENT TAKE ON A SCARY MOVIE LOVED IT
    Films about prehistoric humans are always a challenge. While Out of Darkness makes a formidable effort with noteworthy production values, it ultimately falls short due to insufficient character development. It meets expectations as an action, mystery, and thriller, but was not scary enough to be classified as a horror despite the filmmakers' best attempts in that regard. I would watch it again if there were nothing better on.
    Not in English and not a true scary movie. Very misleading.
    Shaved cavemen? Actors look too modern and clean to be portraying starved and lost prehistoric humans….Interesting premise though, competent execution in cinematography.