Pearl

I’m unable to say I fully like this film. It just wasn’t as entertaining as its predecessor. The acting is good. Wait for video.
    If you loved X, go see this movie! Mia Goth delivers a great performance that shows Pearl's descent into madness. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and thought it had just the right pace for the story. The story was a perfect mix of wackiness and horror.
    Mia Goth awesome performance. She played her part out of her role. She deserves an award.
    Great prequel that had me thinking, I could fix her.
    I’m sure that I’d think more highly of it if I had actually seen X beforehand. Mia Goth absolutely slays, the film’s cinematic aesthetic is enchanting, and it is deeply disturbing. Just didn’t hit as hard as I hoped it would, but again I blame that on myself for not having seen X first.
    The characters in Pearl, especially Pearl, were well developed and performed. An Oscar nod for Pearl would be well deserved in a couple of categories. This young lady has a promising acting career ahead of her should she choose to continue in her craft. Great horror movie.
    I appreciated the journey in getting to know Pearl. It looks like she always wanted to get off the farm but through the series of events in the movie, she finds herself closer to the farm instead. She finally makes peace with being at the barn but I'm afraid it happens too late. I thought Mia Goth's acting was incredible!
    An excellent Mia Goth showcase and a great entry to the X trilogy from Ti West.
    Solid Horror movie. I was looking forward to the origin story and wasn't disappointed.
    Hard to believe all of these positive reviews. I normally love A24 movies, but this dreck? The story was decent enough, though it's been done before. I can forgive them this as it's hard to do something totally new. But, the style in which it was done was unforgiveable. It's as if someone deliberately made a movie in the style of the 1940s (simplistic, overacted and unrealistic) but turned it into a hard R-rated mess. So much story-potential ruined by someone trying to be innovative or unique, but failing utterly.