Perfect Days

A critic wrote; "mindfulness in a movie" and I totally agree. I'm not sure if it's oscar worthy or something but it was really good. Calming and kind of awakening.
    Beauty in everyday life. So much silence but at the same time so much is conveyed.
    PERFECT DAYS – A viewer from Spain (EU)… Apologies for my bad English How great is the small! A student asked a professor who taught us Economic Structure classes in college, who was famous for the speeches he used to give to audiences of scholars and professionals, how long it took him to prepare them; The teacher answered us: "depends … …it depends on how long the speech is going to last"... We all think: LOGICAL. "...if it is going to last (continued) an hour, it usually takes me approximately another 30 minutes of preparation, keep in mind that I have accumulated a lot of experience and handle a lot of documentation that I already have structured and organized" "... on the contrary and by pure logic (he continued), if the speech is only going to last 10 minutes, then..." and here the teacher made an inflection: "...then I need a couple of days to prepare it well." Something like this happens to this movie: it is, on the surface, something simple, small, short... but it has taken (I'm sure) hours and hours of intense work to build an impeccable script based on a masterful idea. Well... this little gem is like a small diamond, clean, well polished and finished, with thousands of facets that shine delicately and transform the light that passes through it into a rainbow where you can distinguish the colors and nuances. with absolute precision... I know it came out a little cheesy, but that's how it is. When you see the movie for the first time (and I've already seen it three times), you think that something so simple can never be beautiful... what a mistake!... We are so used to blockbusters that say nothing, that when something comes to you so delicate, you don't know what to do (I don't know what to do). Win Wenders has made a wonderful scarf with very fine silk threads; and since our skin has become accustomed to dressing in burlap nightgowns, we do not know how to appreciate its softness, the freshness it transmits, the tones of the drawings that adorn it... why is it so difficult for us to value the artisan work of a goldsmith or a tailor or a cabinetmaker and we jump at the first WALMART that crosses our path, without any blush? As if that were not enough, all that beauty flutters around some public urinals in the movie... as if the metaphor were not enough. When you see the movie for the second time (and I have already seen it three times), you begin to realize that the plot takes you forward, backwards, shakes you gently, presents you with small challenges, confronts you with your own fears and contradictions, He stands in front of an uncomfortable mirror at times... but he does everything with a kid glove, the same one he used to weave the handkerchief of thousands of threads without apparent knots. ... and always with a smile ... with the smile of the good man ... of that man who we think, because he smiles at us when we meet him, must be ... stupid ... or worse: an IDEALIST with VALUES and ETHICS. Of the actors I will only say that Koji Yakusho hooked me in 'Memoirs of a Geisha' and he has not let me go... so much intensity and nobility in the interpretation, it is difficult to find... he is one of those actors who TRANSMITS TRUTH in everything they do, already Be it a manager in the middle of the second war or a samurai from feudal Japan. As for the rest of the cast, I don't dare to venture whether they are better or worse, I will simply say that they are the perfect and subtle counterpoint that the story needs... they are like the shading and gradients that every good painting needs to be an authentic WORK OF ART.
    Absolutely great film
    It moved me. I was able to step into the life of a Japanese man for a short while. What gave him joy, and what caused sadness. A lovely drama that left me crying over the loss he must have experienced.
    O filme é lindo, é de uma simplicidade...
    See it on a tender day, with a tender book on your lap, next to your tender cat.
    Wim Wenders meditates upon forgotten everyday bliss, beauty and wonder reflected in mise-en-scènes of "komorebi" (translated as sunlight filtered through trees) and the eyes of the toilet-cleaning protagonist as he goes about his day-to-day routines in this Oscar nominee for Best International Feature that culminates in an unbroken shot of him tearily overwhelmed with beatitude, listening to Nina Simone's Feeling Good.
    If you have a problem with this movie in general, you have a problem. And I would go so far as to say that the problem is that you should never have stepped outside of your comfort zone to enjoy yourself. You are out of your element. My only critic is the last shot of the movie, which last's too long. Point has been made and I don't like staring. It's rude. And makes me feel stupid. Let the story end. For god's sake. I've watched the whole movie. Didn't turn it off or leave or anything. You don't need to make me feeeeeeeeel something. It is akin to someone screaming at the top of their lungs about something that is very internal and private. I get it. I got it. A long, long, long, long time ago. Thank god. I believe it kind of highlights a problem many great aging directors have. Believing to much in themselves? Or maybe not believing enough in their audience.
    I recently just finished replaying The Last of Us Part 1 and there’s a moment towards the end when the main character, Joel, says to the other main character, Ellie: “well, no matter how hard you try, I guess you can’t escape your past.” speaking about a moment that happened 20+ years prior to their conversation and this film truly embodies that. They’re similar in the sense that an unlikely connection can always form between some (including even family) and that the affect of the world around us truly effects us, personally, as people. The music and Kôji’s performance alone were just another reason to watch this film anyways as they were wonderfully fitting to what was happening on screen. There was something about the subtlety used throughout that made it a pleasant watch. Such a simple movie with a simple concept and a simple execution, but I can admit some more backstory would have probably been for the better. It may not be a lifestyle for everyone but some find solace in solitude and consistency. The brief moments we got of his past were just a bit too brief and fleeting to grasp an entire sense of what the main character had went through. If you want a low-stakes watch with a happy ending then this is the film for you.