Pokémon Detective Pikachu

Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I watched this on a long plane ride, and this was supposed to alleviate my headache. Only sometimes managed to make me forget about it, but also sometimes exacerbated the situation. I thought the graphics would be better, and more believable, but that applied only some of the time. And the storyline/plot-in-general was fairly lame. Didn't grow up playing these games, only ever played one, liked it and moved on with my life. More than I can say about how I feel for this movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    DID NOT expect that ending. Only issue was that a lot of it felt set-piecey and most of the actual mystery was expositioned or plot-convenienced away. Also, two specific Pokemon were shown as if the entire species(?) was like SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS were described in the show.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Pokemon fans will love it
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Ideal for kids or people that know about Pokemon. Ryan Reynolds was the only thing that stuck out from this movie with a few 1 liner wise cracks.
    heart touching. many plottwists and cute animations,,. please watch this
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not as big as it could have been, but it's fun and family friendly.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Fun and heartwarming. Lots for old & new Pokemon fans alike. Very pretty. Lots of twists and turns along the way. Satisfying for both kids and adults. Surprisingly dark at times. Reminiscent of a number of different movies, from Home Alone to TMNT to Field of Dreams to Batman Begins, mostly in good ways. OOOOOOZING with cheese. No real stand-out performances aside from Reynold's voice work.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I went with 2 stars I thought that this movie was kind of all over the place, and sort of hard to follow. The Pokemon characters were really cute but in my opinion that is all this movie had going for it. The characters were kind of boring and the movie was slow I might watch it again but maybe not. Ryan R. I think was not the best pick to voice over Pikachu to me it seemed odd to hear a deep voice for Pikachu idk if I cared for this movie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    This movie is incredible, great graphics, the image of each Pokemon was well crafted, Justice Smith's performance is worthy of awards and Ryan Reynolds's voice acting and acting are spectacular.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The story would be well received by Pokemon fans, but to non-fans, the somewhat boring characters, horrible villains, and weird twists don't add up to a great movie. The action and visuals are good though.