Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Un film incredibile che riesce a cogliere la sensibilità femminile con una delicatezza mai percepita prima d'ora. Dall'esperienza stupenda traspare un messaggio bellissimo e profondo che, oltre a lasciarci una morale non trascurabile, ci emoziona e coinvolge con un'intensità fuori dal comune. E' l'ennesimo esempio che con poco si può dare tantissimo: in questo caso con pochi ed essenziali ingredienti la regista francesce riesce a creare un capolavoro senza tempo. Senza dubbio è uno dei migliori film degli ultimi anni.
    Céline Sciamma's Portrait de La Jeune Fille en Feu is a remarkable film.
    Everything Blue is the Warmest Color wanted to be and never got close to
    What a freakin' masterpiece. Every shot is a painting. The writing, directing, acting, cinematography, everything is art. Both emotionally and technically incredible. I am wrecked. Marveilleux.
    So much to say about a human being and their desire, like the movie said at a point 'Do lovers feel they are inventing something'...Yes, they are. Each one discovers a new meaning to love and that's unique to her or him. This is the only thing going to last ever on this planet. The world needs more such stories out in public, so we might ease out the gender differences and brought more equality. The story made me relate it to one of Hindustani's language famous writer Ismat Chugtai short story 'Lihaaf'.
    I've seen this movie a handful of times now. The first few times to digest the beauty of the story and the scenery, the next few times for comfort. I've seen a fair share of woman to woman romance, but this one places first by a long shot (the second being 'The Handmaiden'). It's slow and detailed but doesn't bore you. You're kind of always wondering what's going to happen next. It's quiet but loud. There's almost no music in this movie except for the natural sound of fire, ocean, and painting. Spoiler*** The love story is not the happy ending that I hoped for. Sciamma said something along the lines of 'women don't usually get happy endings in real life'. It took some time, but I have accepted and even appreciate the reflection of real-life outcomes played out in this movie. It also doesn't come as a shock since throughout the movie, the characters and story drop hints on how this love story might play out.
    Wouldnt call this movie thought provoking but it was a great movie to watch and definitely very somber and very sad. very happy i saw it when it was on Hulu
    Great acting. Fabulous use of silence. Gorgeous. It's slow... it's French, but the characters are so intense their silence speaks volumes.
    Gorgeous, haunting, and unique. Beautiful story, such good acting, amazing shots. I love that it's all women almost the entire film. So many different interesting relationships between characters. Seen it twice already and can't wait to watch it again.
    Gorgeous and enthralling. Had no expectations, then couldn't look away. Beautifully done.