Profile

, 61% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Profile's unique narrative gimmick is enough to carry the film partway, but it's ultimately overwhelmed by an increasingly ludicrous plot.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Claudia PuigFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I got caught up in it. I think it's a gimmick in many ways... but it works in this format, and it's kind of compelling.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    It really pulled me in. I was into this film.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Bilge EbiriNew York Magazine/Vulture
    Profile's formal brilliance also one of its near-fatal limitations: Just because our world is now entirely online doesn't mean that reality is actually there, too.
    Mark FeeneyBoston Globe
    Is it a great movie? No, but it's something rare in any medium, film or otherwise: a work in which form really is content.
    Michael OrdoñaLos Angeles Times
    "Profile" works on several levels - as a cinematic feat, dual character study, gripping thriller ... and as a cautionary tale.
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    The script takes some leaps that may give you pause, but Kane and Latif's convincing, committed performances keep you logged on.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Dan BuffaKSDK News (St. Louis)
    If you take anything away from this movie, it's that Latif is a talent to keep an eye on---and that social media isn't a wise place to trick/trap a terrorist.
    Ron WilkinsonIt's Just Movies
    An exploration of social networking truth and fantasy as a cat and mouse game with lethal stakes.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    M.G. MaillouxIn Review Online
    Profile is a fairly tasteless movie, though in a sort of totally earnest way that will probably garner it admirers in proportion to the haters.
    Jay HortonWillamette Week
    Profile uses the trappings of a ripped-from-the-headlines story and elevates it into an effective little thriller steeped in modern social media and a catfishing pas de deux.