Profile

, 60% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Profile's unique narrative gimmick is enough to carry the film partway, but it's ultimately overwhelmed by an increasingly ludicrous plot.
    Simran HansObserver (UK)
    The ratcheting tension is sadly punctured by unintentionally hilarious scenes...
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Claudia PuigFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I got caught up in it. I think it's a gimmick in many ways... but it works in this format, and it's kind of compelling.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    It really pulled me in. I was into this film.
    Bilge EbiriNew York Magazine/Vulture
    Profile's formal brilliance also one of its near-fatal limitations: Just because our world is now entirely online doesn't mean that reality is actually there, too.
    Mark FeeneyBoston Globe
    Is it a great movie? No, but it's something rare in any medium, film or otherwise: a work in which form really is content.
    Michael OrdoñaLos Angeles Times
    "Profile" works on several levels - as a cinematic feat, dual character study, gripping thriller ... and as a cautionary tale.
    Tessa SmithMama's Geeky
    An intense film that gets more and more frustrating as it goes on, but you just can't look away.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Edward PorterSunday Times (UK)
    Despite the pseudo-realistic framing, the story's frantic absurdity is the nearest thing it has to entertainment value.
    Edwin ArnaudinAsheville Movies
    With Bekmambetov finally involved in a fully hands-on capacity, the unofficial series' creators at last craft a story that's a near perfect fit for the format.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Dan BuffaKSDK News (St. Louis)
    If you take anything away from this movie, it's that Latif is a talent to keep an eye on---and that social media isn't a wise place to trick/trap a terrorist.