Queen & Slim

Powerful movie. Great script and acting.
    Intense, cool, and sad all the same time.
    Where do I even begin. How about the beginning? The movie set a disingenuous tone for me at the beginning. To suggest that the scenario that developed leading to the officers death is typical in our society is both insulting and heavy handed. A more subtle buildup to the officers death would have been less laughable than some rogue murderous copy blasting away at two non threatening people. The segment of the black community that believed that to be typical and ate that up should be ashamed of themselves and so should the media who distorts these types of things. I'm sure the director got just what she wanted, a fist pump from the black and liberal community. It would be more warranted if this movie and any roots in reality whatsoever.
    Sanctimoniously overstuffed with distorted racial victimization views. The screenplay forces emotions and moments that aren't there. Though the lead actors have talent and the production looks good, I wish it was for a better script. This story made me root for the cops and gave little sympathy for the perpetrators and their accomplices.
    Just perfection. Instant classic
    Powerful! But the ending...!
    Good idea, poor execution. the movie gets lost over and over. we get the message, it's just poorly delivered.
    Amazing film, emotional, amazing actors, beautiful scenes, sometimes funny. Maybe slightly longer than it needed to be.
    The ending pissed me off but overall a good movie!
    I thought I would like this a lot more, but I walked out feeling like the good and the bad evened out to make it 'ok.' I love Daniel Kaluuya but Jodie Turner-Smith's character was just a jerk the whole time. The first act was really good, then the second act felt like a grinding halt and there was just 5 min in there that I really disliked. For a debut director this was done well, I just felt like personally it wasnt as good as I thought it would be, I was expecting different things. Fantastic acting though and the action, where it was, felt raw. However, I don't really think it got snubbed at Golden Globes.