audience Reviews, 55% Audience Score
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsAn interesting interpretation and well worth the watch. Hard hitting in a way I think most would shy away from.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsThis is a warm hearted, charming, sometimes sad and sometimes amusing family friendly watch. I was intrigued by the story given its based on a true story and I enjoyed the various characters. I like how the dog brought the local community together and the theme of the somewhat underdogs sticking up for themselves against others in the perhaps outskirts of town. This is a nice watch and I would recommend it.
- Rating: 2.5 out of 5 starsA slow burner, and to be honest the story struggles to fill the length of the film. The bottom line is that Joan was a traitor and I don't think anything here convinces the audience otherwise. I guess its slightly interesting but nothing more. Maybe the book this is based on does a better job of explaining the story and reasoning.
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsDifferent, interesting take on WW2 spies.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsWe found it interesting would recommend it to stream.
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsI guess I like these "Based on a True Story" type movie. Dame Judy Dench is a good "little-old-lady" actor and presents with realism.
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsRed Joan is an incredible film. It is about Joan Stanley who was exposed as the K.G.B.'s longest-serving British spy. Judi Dench and Sophie Cookson give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Trevor Nunn did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Red Joan is a must see.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsGood movie about a British scientist who provided the Russian government with information that accelerated their research to mad a nuclear bomb , but she didn't do it as a spy & she didn't betray her country but she had good intents .
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsRed Joan was a movie with a lot of heart. The acting was terrific, however, the story telling occasionally fell flat. There were many instances that felt rushed when they deserved more time. Overall, this was a thought provoking film largely credited to the phenomenal performances by Judi Dench and Sophie Cookson.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsThis was a well told story inspired by a real historical occurrence and I found it extremely intriguing and interesting. And, of course, Dame Judy is always one to watch!