Red Joan

This is a warm hearted, charming, sometimes sad and sometimes amusing family friendly watch. I was intrigued by the story given its based on a true story and I enjoyed the various characters. I like how the dog brought the local community together and the theme of the somewhat underdogs sticking up for themselves against others in the perhaps outskirts of town. This is a nice watch and I would recommend it.
    A slow burner, and to be honest the story struggles to fill the length of the film. The bottom line is that Joan was a traitor and I don't think anything here convinces the audience otherwise. I guess its slightly interesting but nothing more. Maybe the book this is based on does a better job of explaining the story and reasoning.
    Different, interesting take on WW2 spies.
    We found it interesting would recommend it to stream.
    I guess I like these "Based on a True Story" type movie. Dame Judy Dench is a good "little-old-lady" actor and presents with realism.
    Red Joan is an incredible film. It is about Joan Stanley who was exposed as the K.G.B.'s longest-serving British spy. Judi Dench and Sophie Cookson give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Trevor Nunn did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Red Joan is a must see.
    Good movie about a British scientist who provided the Russian government with information that accelerated their research to mad a nuclear bomb , but she didn't do it as a spy & she didn't betray her country but she had good intents .
    Red Joan was a movie with a lot of heart. The acting was terrific, however, the story telling occasionally fell flat. There were many instances that felt rushed when they deserved more time. Overall, this was a thought provoking film largely credited to the phenomenal performances by Judi Dench and Sophie Cookson.
    This was a well told story inspired by a real historical occurrence and I found it extremely intriguing and interesting. And, of course, Dame Judy is always one to watch!
    Not nearly as bad as the critics made it out to be. Good period piece about the British government's attempts to develop the atomic bomb in parallel with the United States.