audience Reviews, 95% Audience Score
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsSuch a heartfelt movie of love and forgiveness
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 starsA movie demonstrating how a person who relies on and believes in God can show pure love. It would have been a plus to know about Michael's upbringing and how he developed these values.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsjust see it. and try to anderstand what mean fighting for your love.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis movie was a nice surprise. I loved the book and wasn't sure I would enjoy the film. The film did NOT disappoint. The acting was genuine and it was cast beautifully. Tom Lewis was superb as Michael.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsOne Critic mentioned that it would've been okay if it didn't preach to a choir. I'm apart of that choir it preached to and it was amazing. Until you understand, then this movie will fly over your heads. That's how God chases us, when we condemn ourselves he still loves us. It was beautiful.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI usually rely on the critic score, but in this case I'll have to agree with the majority audience: this is a raw true-to-life commentary on the trauma some of us need to work through in order to learn how to love. I'm an absolute snob when it comes to films and romance novels, and this film made me cry. Absolutely underrated. Must-watch.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThe critics obviously didn't read the book or understand what this film is trying to convey. I loved the book and I was pleased with the way the movie followed it. I also loved the actors they chose for the movie. This is such a touching story of the power of God and how he loves us despite the mistakes we made and can heal us and help us overcome anything. I do think reading the book first helps you understand the part that God plays in it better. Read it and then watch the movie! Or just watch the movie, it is great on its own.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsAs if the obvious needed to be pointed out, I see once again how the "professional" critics are so amazingly lost. Really? They think this is a horrible movie? And yet the literal crap coming out gets solid reviews? (I won't pontificate an how this is likely a reflection of our current Western society - I'm not eloquent enough.) How can the world be so lost? At least the audience scores reflected high scores. And my point is more to the themes of the movie than the movie itself. My gosh, how have we survived as a race of humans for so long? But the rhetorical question poses an answer. Just one opinion.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsFor all my period piece romance guys and girlies!! This movie might not meet the "critics" bar for what is considered a good film but for lovers of historical romance and dramas I think this is a win. The movie portrays an unconventional heroine and a truly loveable yet slightly naive love interest. It was a joy to watch and re-watch. I stumbled across the movie before reading the book and have added it straight to my library.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsOne of the only movies I can watch over and over again and be moved to tears every time. The critics poor reviews of this movie are baffling. I think the chemistry between the 2 leads is amazing.