Relic

Original. Well acted. Excellent audio had me scared and jumping throughout. Recommended.
    Relic is a movie that does two things well: it builds up a sense of dread successfully and piques your interest with its mystery. I felt that these two elements were done well and I found myself interested throughout. The emotional ending and its message was a shock to me - I had not seen it coming. I wish that whether or not there were supernatural elements of the film would have been more clear throughout the movie. I also would have liked more insight into the backstory, as the grandmother seemed to have an awkward relationship with her daughter but that was never delved into. In any case, I found this to be a great movie and a great horror with a worthwhile and deep message about an issue that many families deal with.
    Atmospheric, chilling and well acted by its all female cast. Some of the cinematography was disorientating and I wasn't always quite sure which world I was in, but this was perhaps done purposefully and to effect.
    Natalie Erika James with her virgin feature 'The Relic', which didn't scare me or entertain. The story here is metaphorical and if you're not in the mood for that you're gonna hate it. The tonal changes are frustrating and James doesn't earn them. Really solid performances that are boosted by the music telling you to be scared. By the third act, you'll understand the premise of losing your mind. I enjoyed the unanswered questions more than I liked the answers and that ending. I get it, i just didn't like it. Lots of metaphors! Final Score: 5/10
    Expected so much, kept waiting for the threads to come together and at the end it petered out into weird scene with no link between most of the scenes throughout. Very strange. Very disappointing.
    Relic is an Australian horror drama film about mother and daughter Kay and Sam travels to their remote family home and neighborhood when Edna, an elderly, and matriarch of their family goes missing. It is upon Edna's mysterious return that the creepy and horrific circumstances start to happen in their family house that the three lead women need to resolve before it starts to take over their lives. Relic has a very atmospheric thriller horror. It extensively uses the tension atmosphere to create and deliver the horror it wants the moviegoers to see, feel and hear. There is no grand use of special effects nor much jump scare tropes to create a horror for Relic but it heavily relies on atmosphere of dread, shadowed/dark settings and tension to deliver this. Even the simple conversations were effective to create the creepiness it wants to deliver. Lead actresses Emily Mortimer, Robyn Nevin and Bella Heathcote's trio of chemistry as family were effective, convincing and stellar in their acting performances. The film's story was intriguing to watch, well-written and executed well but I just wish that the film further elaborates or explains the phenomena that happens in the family. I think with a little more explanation especially by the ending would have make a more statement for Relic.
    I crying for the end
    It was stupid. I'm honestly upset i sat thought the entire movie hoping it would get better.
    We did not enjoy it. Expected a horror movie and was disappointed.
    Aunque pausada en ritmo, Relic tiene una extraña energía que me mantuvo pegado a la silla mientras la veía. Su trio interpretativo es más que solvente y su historia va in crescendo con la tensión, que en los minutos finales esta manejada de forma perfecta. Me encantan las lecturas que personalmente he sacado yo de la cinta, pero sí es cierto que el final me ha dejado un poco confundido. Por otro lado algunos la encontrarán pretenciosa. No les culpo. Muy disfrutable