Reptile

Kept my attention while viewing, but not memorable.
    Reptile is a fitting name considering the natures this movie explore. It's an extraordinarily common mishap for many to have unwittingly commit themselves to circles of traitors. Excellent performance by the cast with realistic expressions that shows how deadly the game that Tom was made to play. Music and sound effects plays a huge part for the movie's success, compensating for the absence of violent imagery being shoved upon the viewers.Great visuals that signals the isolation and gloominess. An interesting story with great twists that can keep the audience occupied. It's distracting and a slow moving story with great acting and a uncommon story to enjoy.
    Very underrated and under-the-radar film. I don't get the negative or meh reviews - Del Toro is great, a nice revival with Silverstone, and seeing Timberlake as a creep was nice. The plot twists and changes, and I appreciated how this movie kept the story moving vs a prolonged 3 hour slog that seems all too common these days.
    Loved the use of sound in this film, really helped amplify the suspense. Action-packed but the cops were slow (?).
    It felt like it was trying to be something it wasn't and what's the deal with the nonstop moody music that often outshined the story, dialog and acting? It had a lot of potential and an interesting story but fell far short on execution.
    The plot started off gripping and kept you interested most of the movie. But the end unraveled too abruptly and robbed the viewer of any chill factor. The “who done it” wasn’t super obvious, but by the time it came around I was not impressed by it either. The acting was awesome, Alicia Silverstone and Benicio Del Toro crushed it, even Justin Timberlake did a good job. Overall, would I tell my sis to watch it on her night off from work? “Sure, but not past Wednesday and don’t over think it.”
    Decent film, holds your attention. Police thriller but well done and a good cast. Only let downs are the overly dramatic music score. A producer must have decided it needed jazzing up which was unnecessary. Also the ending was a bit sudden. Worth a watch though.
    Extremely underrated movie. Overall it’s a pretty straightforward neo-noir mystery/thriller. But the plot, while relatively typical and unoriginal, is gripping. The performances are fantastic, the delivery is flawless, and the suspense is masterful. People complain about the twists being predictable and convoluted, I think what they miss is that it’s not trying to shock YOU, it’s trying to make you feel the shock of the character.
    This suburban noir thriller held my attention from beginning to end. I knew it was going to be decent because Timberlake was in it, i.e. I can only imagine him and his team picking and choosing films that are only going to serve him well. Sure enough, it didn’t disappoint. What will lure viewers is the cinematography and score and Timberlake, but what is more impressive is Del Toro’s acting enjoyed by its pacing and ability to keep you guessing. There are errors throughout the film but it maintains a steady burn making you want to piece it together, only to let you down in the end because of how overly generic and flat it falls for such a complicated twist.
    Right actors, wrong script. This is an example of a potentially excellent movie that just falls so flat. Much ado about not that much in a wayyyy too long of a path to get there. And when it gets there, it’s like oh. That was stupid. Eh, too bad.