Ride the Eagle

Started watching the movie expecting it to be a bit more stupid then it was. Only issue is they overdid the emotional parts making it very boring to watch. Slept through the middle part of it, easy to catch up on at the end. Good movie for the feelings but it's worse then a science class in high school for boringness.
    3.1 Jake Johnson never disappoints in delivering and easy and enjoyable movie
    While "Ride the Eagle" had a few good moments and laughs, it was off kilter in not having a coherent plot line that held together. I guy has been estranged from his mother most of his life and suddenly he's going to take life instructions - and some pretty crazy ones - that she left to him on a video before she died?! Didn't work for me.
    PG-13, I think not! I am not a prude but I disagree with the rating for this movie. Based on the preview it looked like a sweet and funny movie. The excessive use of the F word, phone sex dialog, and J.K.Simmsons' character going into detail about the taste of his recently deceased gf's vagina was cringey. None of it added any value to the story and it would have been better without it. We made the mistake of watching it with our 16yo son. It was an uncomfortable watch for all of us!
    Funny, unique funny, and charming at points. Okay movie, but nothing great.
    Good premise, but cannot be kept afloat by script or film. Too many dead zones zzz Cut movie length back to about 1/4 and story would not be lost at all. Susan Sarandon tries with lots of f* words to make us chuckle. She looks as tired as that ruse.
    This is a fun take on how new age families deal with the impending death that chases all of us.
    Decent idea but amateur execution. One of the slowest movies I've ever seen. Felt like an eternity, kept looking at my watch every 10 minutes thinking at least 30 minutes must have gone by. For a film under 90 min, ouch, find something more engaging.
    I wanted so bad to love this movie. It's my kind of movie. Even my mom is known as Honey. But, this movie was just lousy. Even with Susan Sarandon as the brilliant mom. Sad that such a great story couldn't have been told better.
    Sad, funny, and heartfelt. Loved it!