Rocketman

Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    What a load of rubbish, was bored so put this movie on, total rubbish, switched it on 15mins in.. No need for films like these, confusing the younger generation of kids....
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Although not perfect, this movie is a more-than-satisfying endeavor into the life of Elton John. Train Egerton portrays him well and it’s impressive that he was able to sing all of Elton’s music. I would argue this movie is better than Bohemian Rhapsody and does much more justice to its source material.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was OK. Not a bad movie, but it wasn't a good as I expected either. The acting was pretty good though.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A harsh life, but a swell portrayal of the famous rock star who shall always be known for his uniqueness. While I didn't even grow up in the 70s (or even the 80s), he has great taste.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I really wasn't sure what to expect. When I heard the first singing part, I wasn't sure I was going to like this. As the movie went on, I got lured into it. Had to watch it to the end. Not sure if Elton approved of this or not. If this is about his real life, the writer did a great job of a flowing story line. Will watch again.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The movie was basically a episode of Glee loosely based on Elton's life. Taron does a wonderful job as Elton but the rest of the cast falls flat. I was particularly bothered by his mom not aging and actually looking younger than Elton by the midway point. Elton's music is scattered through out the film but are not done in chronological order and no detail into their origins is given. A disappointment for me as I don't think the film provided any new information about Elton or really showed how he became a musical icon. It focused more on his struggles with substances.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie is a good biopic/musical with awesome musical scenes and great acting. This film has some great musical scenes, however, I feel that the movie could have benefitted without these scenes because they take the attention away to the intriguing storyline. This movie tells the true story of Elton John’s life and career and it is fascinating how fame and success took a toll on Elton's life. The film can drag at times, but overall I recommend this one.
    It's a wonderful depiction about the consequences of drugs, and what it can do to an addict. And the people close to an addict, if you can get past the sex scene, it's a wonderful musical fantasy, it's NOT a bio-pick, it shows important times in Elton's life, along with Elton's music.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    A biopic that is larger than life and as full of energy and inspiration as its subject! The approach here uses the music and stages the numbers with great choreography and imaginative camera work. Taron Egerton is marvelous in the title role--his acting and singing are just excellent! The story of Elton's life is heartbreaking, but with a happy ending, and very well told. This film sets a high mark to challenge all future biographic movies.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Sequenze musicali semplicemente straordinarie vengono messe in un contesto di estrema convenzionalità. Sembra che il film sia stato fatto in catena di montaggio, basandosi sui cliché del genere senza nessuno sforzo narrativo che proponga un briciolo di innovazione. Ottima l'interpretazione del protagonista, che trascina l'andamento del film mantenendo la presa sullo spettatore. Male per quanto riguarda tutto l'aspetto narrativo, che classifica il film come l'ennesimo film biografico sulla vita di una rockstar.