Rocketman

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A truly moving and fantastic film. It all felt so so real. Some great performances from the entire cast, and of course, spectacular music, which was woven into the film wonderfully. Elton John's story was told beautifully. That said, it is not necessarily the sort of film I would see more than once or twice.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Finally got around to watching this gem, exploring Elton John's propulsion to fame and the bumps along the way. I was worried it would be too much like a greatest hits musical, but it was more like a film with a great soundtrack. I really like the film and recommend it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Rocketman is one of the most heartfelt, innovative and entertaining documentaries of recent history.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    If you like the music of EJ you will love this film, the decision to re-cast the songs was brave and pays off brilliantly.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Now this one is an amazing biopic of Elton John as I also approve Taron Edgerton's portrayal.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    An incredible drama, deeping all the adversities of Elton's Life, an exciting musical. Powerful and sweet. One of my favorite films from last year.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Instead of just a boring biopic depicting the main events of Elton's life, we get an inside look at his essence and emotions through fame. The pacing in the beginning was a little strange, but nothing to be concerned about.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Taron Egerton saves this silly movie from being a waste of time.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Well-made musical biography includes both the ups and downs of Elton John's career; the musical bits are good and the performances, especially Taron Egerton's, extraordinary.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This look back at Elton John's life is engaging both in the story that it has to tell as well as the sometimes surreal and fantastical way it tells it. The transition from normal scenes to musical ones were very smooth and Taron Egerton kills it, doing all the actual singing. The costumes were on point and they did a good job nailing hard to describe feelings, like when you have that out of body experience at a concert and hit that magic moment. But the film also doesn't shy away from the dark side of stardom, which I appreciated. It's a little long, and the fact that I'm not super into the subject doesn't help, but I liked the messaging and the portrayal of what celebrity life can be like.