Rocketman

This movie was robbed from an academy award for Taron Egerton's portrayal and especially costume design. This is just a stand-up movie in general. The song sequences and creative and make you feel what the characters are feeling, which is something all musicals should strive to do. This has major Broadway potential, but I wouldn't want anyone but Taron Egerton to play Elton John. He's such a phenomenal presence and I hope this movie brings him the recognition he deserves. There are only two negatives I have about the movie. The pacing is very jumpy and can feel odd at times and the ending is way too quick and wasn't as satisfying as the movie was to let on, but (insert Elton John pun here) before we get a biopic quite like Rocketman.
    Elton John is my favorite singer of all times. His music is so deep and relatable that everyone should not only listen to it, but also know what this incredible man had to do through in his life. And this movie, in my opinion, is the best way to do it.
    Entertaining enough. I like the music. I wasn't aware of his struggles. Too bad that those sorts of struggles seem to face folks in those positions.
    BEST. MOVIE. EVER. Whether you're an Elton fan or not, this is one of the most fabulous biopics ever made!
    It would not be an exaggeration to say that Rocketman is quite easily Taron Egerton's best movie performance to date. Egerton shines in the films musical sequences and lends tremendous emotional weight to the real-life trials and tribulations of Music Legend Elton John. The film also has a very strong supporting cast with performances from Jamie Bell as lyricist Bernie Taupin and Game of Thrones star Richard Madden as manager John Reid worth particular credit. The only criticism to be had at all is the films slightly unbalanced pacing at points and can feel short despite its 2 Hour running time.
    Kept me interested the entire time, a beautiful love letter to Elton John, the plot and the acting was beautiful, not to mention the singing and the use of cinematography was perfect. A must watch.
    Taron is so adorable as Elton. He really offers a breakout showing in this role. The whole film captures Elton's roller coaster ride through partying and drug and alcohol use in his earlier days and the musical numbers are intrically integrated into the film as to offer the narrative an emotional showing far beyond a typical spoken word film.
    Absolutely beautiful
    This was just a great movie. I'm a huge Elton fan and this gave me new appreciating for Bernie's lyrics. This is a must see if you're a fan at all of the music.
    Beautifully acted with Egerton playing the perfect Rocketman. The music fits perfectly with the dialogue and the story. Compared to bohemian Rhapsody shows elton's life as it was, not blameless and with true flaws. Perfect film.