Rocketman

I cannot stop watching this movie! It's raw, honest, and inspiring. Not to mention the entertainment never stops. Taron Egerton did a phonaminal job pertaining Sir Elton John. It's true what they say, being famous and rich doesn't come easy. His story hit home to me in parts and really made me cry. If he can overcome so much pain so can I!
    At times cliche, Rocketman nevertheless is an intimate view on one of musics greatest artists.
    A very average biographical musical drama, depicting the ups and downs of Elton John's legacy. Kingman's Taron Egerton does a amazing job of covering the songs, yet Elton's life wasn't much different than other movie-worthy musicians in his tier.
    Very good and entertaining ride through the life of Elton John, if even for a brief window on his overall picture.
    A biographic movie better done than bohemian Rapsody.
    It’s amazing I recommend it
    A little rushed and a bit disjointed but enjoyable enough.
    I’m not even an Elton John fan at all, but you have to admire his talent for putting lyrics to music. It would be a fairly ordinary biopic except Elton John is an extraordinary talent. Interesting to see him just take Bernie Taupin’s lyrics and craft songs in minutes - apparently true?! Framing the story as Elton’s recollections while in group therapy works up until it gets to gimmicky and sentimental. The songs are placed to add significance to the lyrics and Elton John’s life, even if that’s not how they were originally meant. But the songs and the rock n’ roll flourishes do work because of the character and talent in question.
    It's good- I'd recommend it
    I didn't expect to like this movie at all. In fact, I hesitated to even watch it. However, curiosity got the best of me. If I had to sum up "Rocketman" in one word it would be "weird". I sort of knew this was a musical, but I didn't expect the actors and actresses to suddenly break out in song. That startled me a bit and had me rolling my eyes. Thankfully, the middle part of the movie is more dramatic and avoids that ridiculousness. I almost turned this off, but I'm glad I kept watching. I gave it three stars mainly because the lead actor was excellent and I liked that there were a lot of unknowns in this. The movie was a bit confusing when it came to Elton's love life, but it wasn't so much that I couldn't follow what was going on. That being said, if you are uncomfortable with same sex kissing or anything else, you will hate this because there is a lot of of it. Honestly, it makes me uncomfortable to watch (although I have nothing against it personally), but I didn't really mind it too much after a while. I think it was necessary to show because it's so much a part of Elton's life. It was interesting to learn how he came up with his famous stage name and the history behind the development of his songs. Overall, I wouldn't say this is a great movie unless you're a huge Elton John fan, but the music is great and I think it speaks a lot for the movie to say that he had a hand in producing it. The main actor had a great voice and is very talented. I think this movie could have been a little longer to fill in some of the blanks, but it's worth a watch, if only for the music. The ending credits feature Elton and made me smile