Rocketman

89% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score89%
  • It's going to be a long, long time before a rock biopic manages to capture the highs and lows of an artist's life like Rocketman.
    Rebecca HarrisonSight and Sound
    Rocketman ramps the camp up to 11, throws on some sequinned spectacles, and sparks fireworks of pure joy in glitzy song-and-dance routines.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Lael LoewensteinFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    Sometimes it feels just a little contrived, but it has a freeness and a lightness and a sort of Bollywood-ness to it that is a lot of fun to watch.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jason Di RossoABC News (Australia)
    If only the film's unflinching gaze and sheer energy were enough to inspire a great film.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Juan BarquinDim the House Lights
    While Dexter Fletcher attempts spectacle in his set pieces, he lacks the charm and technical prowess to nail them successfully.
    Tessa SmithMama's Geeky
    When I say Rocketman is not your typical biopic, I mean it is not your typical biopic. A mix of real life events and fantasy -- and trust me when I say, it works perfectly.
    Allison RoseFlickDirect
    This is certainly not your typical biopic but rather an entertaining mix of real-life and fantasy - much like Elton John is himself.
    Kate RodgerNewshub (NZ)
    This is no countdown greatest hits album, this is something else entirely and I loved every single minute of it.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Alex HeeneySeventh Row
    The film's framing device was a neat idea, though poorly executed...It wasn't a good sign that I spent much of Rocketman thinking about how incredibly talented and underused Jamie Bell is.
    Michael A. SmithMediaMikes
    Full of great music and fantastical spectacle, "Rocketman" appears to be what everyone who found "Bohemian Rhapsody" lacking (I didn't - I thought it was one of the best films of the year) - wanted it to be.
    Alan CernyComingSoon.net
    How wonderful life is, with Rocketman in the world.