Rocketman

89% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score89%
  • It's going to be a long, long time before a rock biopic manages to capture the highs and lows of an artist's life like Rocketman.
    Mel CampbellScreenHub
    This is a very sentimental film - but then isn't that the pleasure of musicals? I'm here for Rocketman's exuberant mythologising.
    Paul McGuire GrimesKSTP-TV
    Elton John puts it all out there, and Taron Egerton is "Captain Fantastic" as Elton John.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Katie Smith-WongFlick Feast
    Rocketman forgoes the biopic element for entertainment as Fletcher includes lots of unnecessary visual elements, hiding the man behind the performer.
    Zhuo-Ning SuAwards Daily
    The movie not only does a fine job in finding the emotionally and narratively meaningful moments for the songs, but also reminds you what power lies in the magical combination of music and lyrics itself.
    Karen M. PetersonAwardsCircuit.com
    Dexter Fletcher has reinvigorated the musical biopic.
    Rebecca HarrisonSight and Sound
    Rocketman ramps the camp up to 11, throws on some sequinned spectacles, and sparks fireworks of pure joy in glitzy song-and-dance routines.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Lael LoewensteinFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    Sometimes it feels just a little contrived, but it has a freeness and a lightness and a sort of Bollywood-ness to it that is a lot of fun to watch.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jason Di RossoABC News (Australia)
    If only the film's unflinching gaze and sheer energy were enough to inspire a great film.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Juan BarquinDim the House Lights
    While Dexter Fletcher attempts spectacle in his set pieces, he lacks the charm and technical prowess to nail them successfully.
    Tessa SmithMama's Geeky
    When I say Rocketman is not your typical biopic, I mean it is not your typical biopic. A mix of real life events and fantasy -- and trust me when I say, it works perfectly.