Scream

Scream 5 Has Great Kills, Great Suspense, And A Bonkers Third Act
    My rating for the film is a 7.3/10
    Was better than I expected. A little too self aware of itself being a movie but all around good fun.
    This was pretty run-of-the-mill for the Scream series, and to me, it was just too predictable. The acting was ok and the characters were decent, but nothing truly blew me away, but I did understand the point of this, that a series' fanbase can make and ruin a series.
    Pleasantly surprised!
    I love the references and teases that this franchise has done since the first movie. and here, they managed to do it very well again. The self-provocation and provocation of horror movies in general is incredible, reminding us that even in tense scenes, we shouldn't take the movie too seriously. a great tribute... especially to Wes Kraven.
    Awful. Kill this franchise which wasn't great to begin with. Boring, predictable and sad.
    I don't know why people like this movie. I thought it was awful.. one of the worst serial killer movies I have seen in a very long time.
    Much like the Halloween requel a few years ago, this attempts to inject new life into the franchise and succeeds to a degree, with entertaining moments and some of the most brutal kills of the franchise, but ultimately leaves me feeling cold towards it. Some of the attempts at meta humor are just soo try-hard and cringeworthy, and the new leads aren't very likeable. So the cast has to rely on the legacy actors to lift them up, and it just feels like sad pandering. I'd rather no new Scream movie, but if they HAD to, just reboot it completely. This is starting to feel like a soap opera.
    …And the franchise is dead. Watching this feels like getting stabbed in the eye by a rubber knife. The new heroine might as well be on heroin for all she does in the movie. Dewey was gruff and not dumb and funny like Dewey should be. Sydney was tired and so over this. And the muppet they had playing Gale was hard to watch. There is a hospital scene where the characters feel like they are trying to out do each other for dumbest things to do in a horror movie, but none could top the writers who took that crown easily. It was beyond unbelievable. Not even fun. The whole ending feels like the child's table version of a Scream movie. I couldn't wait for it to end. Save yourself.