Scream

, 77% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • The fifth Scream finds the franchise working harder than ever to maintain its meta edge -- and succeeding surprisingly often.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Christy LemireFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I enjoyed it more than I expected... I laughed quite a bit.
    Jenny NulfAustin Chronicle
    Scream is a blast, a solid setup for more to come.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Jake WilsonThe Age (Australia)
    To an impressive extent, directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett and their team succeed in squaring this circle, a trick they accomplish partly by turning their film into a symposium on what a new Scream ought to look like.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Mark KermodeKermode & Mayo's Film Review
    Remembering the thrill of the original, and just how brilliantly of its time it was, this is just alright. The Halloween reboot was far more surprising in its reconfiguration.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Charlotte O'SullivanLondon Evening Standard
    Scream is smart. All that's lacking is a plot, or a heroine, capable of making us squeal.
    Wendy IdeObserver (UK)
    While this is the smartest, funniest and stabbiest film since the 1996 original, it does feel as though Scream has come full circle...
    Marianna NealImpression Blend
    For all their jokes about sequel rules, requel rules, and toxic fandoms, Scream 5 doesn't actually follow through by standing out on its own or introducing anything all that new.
    Trace ThurmanHorror Queers Podcast
    A welcome return for the slasher franchise. Brutal, bloody and meta, this new Scream will please fans old and new.
    Brendan MorrowThe Week
    While the fifth round doesn't reach the heights of Craven's first, its incisive meta-commentary offers enough reason to have brought the franchise back from the dead once more.
    Andrea ChaseKiller Movie Reviews
    SCREAM's true accomplishment lies in that we know what's going to happen, but we're still startled when it does, and being toyed with along the way is part of both that suspense and humor.