Settlers

Nothing like Mars here, the slow, long-winding pace just makes me sleepy. Never settle with the settlers
    It started out interesting then quickly got boring. Oh and they kill a pig. And then it was slow, slow, slow, it was such a waste of time and budget.
    I loved it. I don't understand how so many people hated it but who cares. To me, this is one of the best films of 2021. Minimalistic, smart, melancholic and suspenseful. Two thumbs up.
    A slow-burn, unforgiving sci fi western. It fizzles out towards the end, mainly because the reproductive drive of Jerry that ultimately proves fatal is not very well established. I do commend, however, the attempt at pushing serious themes like revenge, abuse and colonialism all within an extreme scenario that seems to push all characters towards the inhumane. It is doomed to be less than appreciated by moviegoers accustomed to epic finales, closed endings and manichean characters.
    If you took the set, actors, budget, and just started over with a completely different story, you could make a great movie. This movie is terrible. I love low-budget, "cerebral" sci-fi. It's low-budget at least.
    Despite its solid cast and production design, it's a movie full of plot holes and an ending that will leave you scratching your head.
    Do not listen to the crap others tell you. THIS MOVIE IS AN ACTUAL BANGER. Why so? While it may be a little disturbing, it brings an incredible storyline out to the world. As a fan of many awesome sci-fi films, such as Interstellar, Geostorm and Oblivion, I can clearly state that this movie has a completely different and unique view of everything. While bringing apocalyptic signs and marks to what could've happened in the past, it feeds you an interesting storyline of a child going through many traumatic events, while standing strong. The actors are amazing, the storyline doesn't die off and many unexpecting things happen during the film. I absolutely suggest everyone to watch the film to open their field of view to all characters and see everyone's point in the story. Remember, it's just a film. A film, that stands out from the rest by its courage and boldness.
    Dull sci-fi/drama that starts out well, but loses grip with quickly by removing the interesting main players for some rather contrived relationship/stockholm syndrom type nonsense.
    Pointless tedium. Fifteen minutes of not very interesting story spread out of nearly two hours. Purely self-indulgent student movie.
    Nuanced, plausible, directed with flair and with a string cast, Settlers is an intruiging SF drama about the human condition. Harsh but poetic.