Skinamarink

Tedious, quiet, and visually frustrating. It could be an interesting short film if you trimmed about 60-70 minutes. At 100 minutes it was a boring chore, with its few scares clocking in at too little, too late.
    It was like watching Cuphead on crack through a pinhole camera in the dark.
    Ninety nine minutes I'll never get back.
    Way too long, wasn't really scary at all. Definitely was tense feeling, had me in edge waiting for something scary that never came. Slightly creepy moments but it wasn't worth sitting through that whole movie. Sucks cause I had high hopes
    This movie was a great depiction of what young children fear most. The dark. All of the items they are soothed by mysteriously vanished, causing that sense of dread. Not only that but they are alone, in the dark, without comfort.
    Many people overlook the true meaning of movies like these. This movie is a true depiction of childhood trauma in view of the child itself, while it may seem dull, underneath the surface there is a world of unspoken fear that can only be portrayed through these seemingly dull moments where an innocent and unburdened child is trying to understand a new emotion in its most intense form. Jarring and disturbing, Skinamarink took horror to an unspoken limit and beyond.
    This movie asks you to do one thing: sit in a dark room and commit to watching it from start to finish. If you do that, it is easily one of the most unsettling films you will ever watch. I can't remember another movie that created the space for my imagination to terrify me in the way that this movie does. For the first 15 minutes I kept waiting for it to snap into the normal framework we expect from movies, but once I truly committed, this was a magnificently tense, upsetting, and gripping film all the way to the very last frame.
    Didnt do it for me. I get the concept and Im happy for the first time filmmaker spending 15k only and made a huge profit, Im all for new filmmakers making it, but overall I couldnt get to liking it as others have. Saw it at the theater specifically so I can contribute and support this film, and I encourage everyone to go see independent movies at the theaters please, but I also have to be honest. I get the horror aspect and what the filmmaker was going for but it was boring and way to home video feel for me. PS I didnt mind Paranormal Activity or The Blair Witch Project but this was too easy for lack of a better word.
    Never walked out on a movie before today. I just couldn't do it. Call it what you want— maybe it DOES have some deeper meaning that the general population just doesn't have the mental capacity to understand. But at the end of the day— it's 1 hour and 45 minutes of boring static shots of the wall and random things in the house. I had to look up the basic plot 30 minutes in to even remotely understand what was going on.
    Unlike any other horror movie I've seen. The movie keeps you engaged in creative ways such as making you interpret what's going on whether you're having to listen closely or use context clues from what little you're given visually. It's creepy and although there are a few jump-scares the overall horror aspect of it all is earned through its unnerving atmosphere. I didn't want to watch this at first because the trailer seemed unappealing but this is definitely one of those movies I'll never forget.