Smile

Worth the wait for streaming, definitely creepy AF
    Solid three stars, but this movie had already been done. The “twist” was taken from the movie Fallen, and that movie was lightyears ahead of this one. Not a bad movie, but I question the legitimacy of the majority of these reviews boasting it as an amazing movie.
    literally terrified. jumped every time
    A lot of buildup for a subpar cop out ending
    Basically, it's like if Blumhouse had produced "It Follows," exchanging all the tension, dread, and mystery for telegraphed jumps, paper thin characters, and and cheap opportunities for "shock." A huge disappointment.
    I love this movie! I love the suspense, the jumpscares, the acting, the music, almost everything about this movie is really good. My only complaint is that it is a little longer than it needs to be, but it's really not that bad. This is my favorite horror movie of the year.
    The CGI was bad. Actions of the characters are questionable and the whole backstory is lame. At least the birthday present scene was funny.
    I enjoyed it on the whole
    Younger folks: skip this ripped off, cobbled together mess and watch it's well constructed predecessor called Fallen starring Denzel Washington. When will Hollywood start coming up with their own plots and stop stealing from the past?
    I thought would at least half decent from the trailer, but it was sooooo bad. A lot of the things they say as passing medical/psychiatry banter was just plain wrong. The film looked good but the director must be 8 years old because he couldn't put together a cohesive story if he wanted to. And the prison visitation set was just put up in some office building's docking bay and entry foyer. It wasn't quite as bad as (sh)It Follows, but it was close.