Smile

, 79% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Deeply creepy visuals and a standout Sosie Bacon further elevate Smile's unsettling exploration of trauma, adding up to the rare feature that satisfyingly expands on a short.
    James LuxfordBBC.com
    If you want something that will make you jump out of your seat, this is very effective, but for me the story just didn't come together.
    Kristy PuchkoMashable
    It could have been the kind of sinister flick that follows you home, slipping through the door, up the stairs, and curling up deep inside your head, daring you to sleep. Instead, Smile feels as disposable as a candy wrapper.
    Catey SullivanChicago Reader
    Alas, Smile starts to feel as if it were written by an inept committee...
    Nick SchagerThe Daily Beast
    Catnip for teens venturing out to the multiplex with friends on a Friday night.
    A.A. DowdDigital Trends
    Turn up your nose, if you must, at the lowly cheap sting of a jump scare. Smile gives that maligned device a workout for the ages. It rattles with aplomb.
    Katie WalshTribune News Service
    As opaque and somewhat silly as the smiles that drive it.

Rob GonsalvesRob's Movie Vault
    We see and hear the stifling moods of fear and frustration Finn can evoke and we wish they weren’t yoked to such a nothing-special story.
    Maria Lattilawhynow
    I think I can speak for all of us when I say, no one expected Smile to be quite as good as it turned out to be, but it’s such a joy to watch a truly exciting new horror film on the big screen.
    John SerbaDecider
    Smile walks the line between Story About Mental Illness That Really Makes You Think and exploiting awful real-life things like trauma and suicide for cheap scares.
    Nestor BentancorNestor Cine Desde Hollywood
    A disturbing and visceral descent into a chilling and tragic nightmare. [Full Review in Spanish]