Stillwater

More on the dramatic end of the spectrum, but a very well-put-together film, the Amanda Knox story line a few years ago was very interesting as I of one did some web investigating to get more details. Those of fans of Joe Rogan, make sure to catch the podcast of Amanda Knox, it was interesting worth the listen (spotify) or watch via YouTube This film could use more action, but definitely like I mentioned before the drama aspect hit very hard, Matt Damon, does a great job paying the roll of Bill Baker, dad of Allison Baker (Abigail Breslin). The screen time of about 2h 20 min felt some like a drag, but this story needed the screen time to get the full affect. Great film and great cast, amazing scenery, me being from north Texas and Still Water Oklahoma being only around 5 hours away it kinda hit home in a way seeing the plains. Give this watch!!!
    It was an okay story but it was too long therefore somewhat boring but Matt Damon was great as always. It's going to be forgotten pretty soon.
    FAR too long. FAR to slow. This movie is not a thriller in any way.
    Stillwater (2021 rental) is nominally a "thriller" but is boring and slow (clocking at a 2 hours 20 min). Damon is miscast and not particularly believable as the Oklahoma oil worker. A vague crime and even less clear ending seems to cop out on a lot of details doesn't help. 2 stars out of 5.
    This is a generally well-made movie. Tone is set right away and maintained well. There's character development in Bill's experiences, leading to those telling last lines. The cast is solid, with Damon and Cottin giving especially affecting performances. Breslin was less impressive. I thought Lilo Siauvaud was better as the young girl Bill is a doting father to as he was not with Breslin's Allison. The city of Marseilles and the shots of the seaside makes for some marvelous shots. I also appreciate the way director (co-producer, co-writer) Tom McCarthy has the figure of Notre-Dame de la Garde looming above the city. This image is like a recurring symbol of Bill's great faith. I appreciate the way McCarthy and the screenplay bring about the crisis of sorts that has Bill make choices that could be devastating for him and this new family of his. Ultimately, it could be as affecting for him as Allison's circumstances. Good pacing. Good stiff Oklahoma rigger portrayal. Strong visual impression from fine camera work and nice choices of shots and how long to hold them. 3.2 stars
    More marketed like a revenge thriller this is for its own good more of a human drama about family and trying to make things right with a french backdrop. The movie plunges right away in the matter and for most of its runtime is relentless even without much action going on the screen. The actors are well casted and the script has some modern western vibes but still keeps it real and simple. A poignant drama.
    The film is very slow paced, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. But it's extremely uninteresting and unappealing. It's based on the story of the A. Knox, but it completely distorts the story. Making a story, already difficult to make interesting for a film, even less attractive. The story should be set in Italy, like the real one, but honestly I really didn't mind Marseille. Matt Damon is simply an actor that doesn't fit for the part, even tho it seems that he did his best. Let's not speak of the "alleged" Amanda, which was absolutely unbearable, I hated every moment she was on screen. Which is a huge no, since it's on her that it's pretty much focused the film. I should be cheering for her father and her, but I was almost happy with her suffering. The only acceptable part of the film was the story of the father in Marseille. Between work and the "new family". The twists are very mediocre and predictable. I won't see this movie ever again, even under torture.
    I love watching these short films and there wonderful messages with my daughter. It is so much more than a cartoon. I hope they release a new season
    Matt Damon was excellent, rough language but a great performance.
    A waste of Matt Damon’s talent. Very slow moving. I thought it would never end as it’s two hours and 20 minutes long. A waste of time.