Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)

If you grew up in the 60's it's a ‘must see'! So many memories, so many tears of joy remembering that time. The songs meshed with the civil rights movement! Incredibly moving! And uplifting!
    This film is one of the best I've ever seen and is a crucial part of this country's history. I'm so grateful that this footage exists and was shaped into such a beautiful, powerful, and moving piece of art. I've seen it three times already and recommended it to everyone I know. Truly a phenomenal piece of work.
    This was quite entertaining. Loved the music and I was happy to see a piece of lost media come to light
    It's a disgrace that this sat for 50 years unseen. Sound was incredible and the way the film was re-cut made the wait worth it.
    Very interesting documentary about a concert that I never knew about. The music is so soulful and wow these musicians age so well. If you're interested in soul music and music history watch this when you have a chance.
    Some excellent found footage of the actual performances along with present day interviews with those who were involved created an extremely engaging doc. Hard to stay seated during this.
    My favorite documentary of any concert. Absolute magic. Mind-blowing footage and heart-melting music. Historical and emotional. Stevie at age 19 and Mahalia Jackson! what more do you need to know? See it in the theater to support the project.
    Some great history, perspectives and the music was great. Especially Sly and the Family Stone, Stevie Wonder, too.
    Thanks QuestLove OMG we uberly enjoyed Summer of Soul!
    Questlove's Summer of Soul (...Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised) is an excellent documentary masterpiece!!!