The Comeback Trail

Hilarious and much better than I expected. The all-star legendary trio did not disappoint, and the story was surprisingly well thought out and very cleverly written. You'll start to pick up on the many reversals of (mis)fortunes for almost every character, and how in reality they could've been the trend-setting future of the film industry. What I also enjoyed about the story, is how it shows the particular role every person involved has in the making of a film. Then add the awesome on-point comedy that was just right and perfectly executed by all cast, and this little gem of a film is a hit. It's a shame the critics went hard on this one. I'll be certainly watching it again, and it's a well deserved 8/10 from me.
    No ideas, no execution
    I watched this for De Niro and was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked everything else. It's pretty funny from everyone else and it's always fun to see a movie about old school Hollywood. Worth a watch!
    This film was a hilarious satire of Hollywood filmmaking. Robert DeNiro and Tommy Lee Jones perfectly embody their characters, and I laughed almost the whole time. It is biting, topical, and overall just an extremely enjoyable watch. Highly recommend!
    Surprisingly fresh and easy . 3.4
    One of the funniest movies this year! An all star cast so what can go wrong?
    It's quite entertaining. A perfect relaxing movie for a Saturday evening to chill on the sofa.
    George Gallo's The Comeback Trail builds on a viable plot surrounding a B-movie producer (Robert De Niro) who devises a plan to stage an accidental death of his lead actor (Tommy Lee Jones) in order to collect a hefty insurance policy and evade his gangster investor (Morgan Freeman). Unfortunately, Gallo's script packs a weak punch in the comedy department and is even lighter on character development. In the end, the perfect framing for a Get Shorty sequel predictably settles as a squandered opportunity with a respectable cast adding more filler to their resumes.
    Just bland and boring - the camera work often interrupted the storyline. Cannot imagine why these great actors were involved in this film and it feels like it was made pre-Covid and just shelved until the studios literally ran out of anything else to put out.
    Humorous farce about a producer Robert De Niro trying to get his movie's main actor Tommy Lee Jones killed by any dirty means possible to collect insurance so that he can pay off the black mafia Morgan Freeman for the investment he got for his previous failed movie... but failed to succeed. Entertaining performances by the iconic Hollywood stars.