The Curse of La Llorona

rated 3 years ago: jump scares 10/10 - she was coming from the left, then the right, then straight on... my reflexes didn't stand a chance. but story-wise i was less than impressed... nothing really happens & i didn't feel connected to any of the characters; the priest guy might as well not even be in it for how much dialog/facial expressions he exuded. i thought the ghosts makeup when you could actually see her face was dumb, too. almost cartoony, not scary.
    Another disappointment. It could have been a better film if it had explored its story and left out the cheap scares.
    This was a boring film I liked the ending but even that wasn't enough to save this film.
    Horrible. Low Budget. Bad Telemundo Acting
    Brilliantly cast and visually stunning, The Curse of La Llorona has many creepy aspects to it that could have made for a strong horror movie in the Conjuring universe. What we instead got was a cliche-ridden film with tons of cheap jumpscares and a plot which wasn't taken to its highest potential. In the end you will weep for the fact that this flick could have been so much better.
    Relayed to much on jump scares
    Mediocre and passable but very disappointing could've been much better and more unique instead of a clique haunted house movie
    This is below average cinema as its peak, there's nothing remarkable about it but at the same time there's nothing that makes you say "god, I'd love be dead right now" while watching the movie. The movie is just yet another Hollywood production profiting from Latin American folklore and they don't even try no make it right. The only good thing in this movie was Tuco Salamanca performing magic rituals.
    Was it the best horror film ever? No, no it was not. Was it illogical and fun? Yes!! Did I enjoy it? Absolutely!!
    F**king spooky wooky