The Dead Center

One of the scariest movies I've ever seen. It's not in your face, but it slithers in slowly, insidiously. The ending is flat out nightmare. Leaves you shaking in your boots. If you pay close attention, and like your psychological horror, you'd better be careful. It will scare the s*** out of you.
    'The Dead Center' is tense and for a while you feel like something of substance is going to happen. Those feelings may, at times, turn to boredom, as the slow burn doesn't come to fruition as effectively as it could have. It's well-made, well-acted, but is the payoff worth it? Were there enough twists and turns along the way? No! The thing is, when you reveal who the killer is and pull the rug from out under the mystery in the first act, that final 15 minutes better be numbing. When I was entering the third act the only thing I wanted was to not be letdown. Spoiler: I was. Look when we can't get the first movie right, why are we setting up a sequel? This was a wasted exercise with maybe a scary moment or two. I'm not sure what this movie is supposed to be. Final Score: 3.8/10
    A missed opportunity, not that far away from being a great film. 'The Dead Center' is told, at least for the majority, through the eyes of psychiatrist Daniel Forrester, who comes across and attempts to treat an unusual John Doe. That premise works nicely across the first and second acts, as the mystery begins to unfold. That's about it, though. There isn't really an ending per se. It builds and builds well, before wrapping things up rather abruptly. We never find out what or why, despite being shown that what is happening is occurring on a much, much larger scale. The aforementioned Daniel is played by Shane Carruth, who produces an effective performance. Jeremy Childs is good, as is Bill Feehely; though his character is completely unfulfilled, much more could've been done with Edward. I very much was enjoying this, until it all falls flat during the third act. Disappointing.
    Liked it 2.8-2.9. Well call it a 2.85
    It's ok. Well-filmed, good acting, very good casting. It's memorable, but it drags on for longer than it should.
    One of the worst films I’ve ever seen !!! How did it get a 94%??? I’m surprised it even got a 53%!!!! Don’t waste your time . It’s so bad it’s laughable
    Amazing film! I loved every second of it. This is definitely a must-see for horror fans.
    Psychological? Please. Just a very average horror. And I do not like horror.
    Achieves adequacy, and that's about it. Really confused about the high ratings.
    I love psychological horror but this bored me senseless.