The Dead Don't Die

There are more interesting zombies movies. This one isn't even worth it for the cast.
    I like the pacing of the story~ half asleep but comedic, its definitely less intense compared to a lot of other undead films out there.
    This film is not even close to worth your time. The ending was the worst thing I have ever seen. I'm not kidding when I say that the one and only good thing about this film was the poster.
    I love the cast. Except of that, horribleeeeee, too slow.
    I suspect that viewers who don't know about or appreciate Jim Jarmusch won't know what to make of this film. In spite of its subject matter (zombies attacking a small town called Centerville and devouring its residents a la "Night of the Living Dead"), it moves at a "Jarmusch pace"---languid and deliberate, with lots of deadpan dialogue. The same people who didn't like "Paterson" won't like this one. The cast of "The Dead Don't Die" is star-studded: Bill Murray as the sheriff (named Cliff Robertson!), Adam Driver and Chloe Sevigny as his deputies, Danny Glover as a bewildered local,Tilda Swinton as a ghostly funeral home owner, Tom Waits as a hermit who inhabits the woods, horror flick veteran Larry Fessenden as a hapless motel owner, and Steve Buscemi as a contentious farmer. Most of them speak their lines complacently, as if they're kind of tranquilized. Considering the horrendous carnage that's going on in Centerville, this alone is pretty funny—if you get Jarmusch's humor. Murray is especially well-cast; he's known for his poker-faced delivery anyway. The film is loaded with references to such disparate names as George Romero, Zelda Fitzgerald, and Moby Dick, and the movie's titular theme song plays repeatedly. Driver even references the song directly in the cop car with Murray, who asks what's on the radio. "It's the theme song," Driver says with a straight face. The appearance of the zombies is apparently caused by something called "global fracking," which is all over the news, and it's causing electrical failures, stopped watches, and dead cell phones. It has also tilted the earth off its axis, messing up the day / night sequence, While "Night of the Living Dead" was frantic with non-stop action, Jarmusch takes the opposite approach in this film. It doesn't really go anywhere, but it proceeds anyway. It's about moments, one after the other—much like Jarmusch's great "Paterson." The entire cast behaves like they're participating in a huge "in" joke. How funny is it? I chuckled several times and laughed out loud once or twice. Jarmusch films are not slapstick comedies. They're just….weird. And thank God for that.
    Whatever the writer/director was going for either failed, or this trash is a monument to his gross lack of talent. Just a sad waste of time. Murray, Driver and Glover must've really needed the money.
    An amazing cast in a crazy and no sense movie.
    Slow and boring. A waste of talent.
    One of the worst zombie movies I've ever seen.
    This movie redefined my understanding of fourth wall comedy. Fantastic watch but better to watch it with a group of like-minded friends for maximum enjoyment.